Iowa Football Recruiting

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I heard or saw that EIU is still over the 85 player limit by 3 or 4 players, when asked about it Saturday, Freerents stated that it will work its way out in the end. They have until August to get down to 85 players on scholarship, so they must expect a few more players to either give up playing or enter the portal.
After today, they are two over the limit. From everything I can tell they want to add 3 or so players in the portal still too. So will probably need at least five more players to move on.

• Informative
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Probably all about how the money was earmarked when it was donated.
80% of Swarm money goes to football, 10% to both men’s and women’s basketball.

The other corporate and big donor money goes to individuals of their choosing. Rumor is that pool of donors hasn’t exactly supported Fran.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
“Appears “ the new OC may be tampering with the QB at NW, kid he recruited while he was a HC…. Now, he magically entered portal same day Hill did . Scum Sukeyes
To be fair, are any coaches being penalized for tampering? Not that I've heard. If not, then it has essentially been condoned.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I just don't see any way McNamara makes it through an entire season. Things will get pretty bleak after that if they can't find a decent backup in the portal.
Doesn’t matter. Hell still be upright game 2 and will make just enough plays to beat us. Just like this year.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
I wouldn’t jump at either of those two. Schlee would be okay but I’d prefer Sullivan. Evers, no thanks, I’m always leery of a guy who’s transferring for a 3rd time without any playing time at the first two stops.
Sullivan was going to be third string at Northwestern I believe.

• Haha
Reactions: Halincandenza

Help Support Us

Become a patron