Iowa Football Recruiting

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Well, remember that a poster on here said they thought 100k/month was going to be coming in from their swill beer.

I worked in the booze business so I just laughed when I saw that. When you launch a new product you literally spend the next couple months "flooding" the market and then you are at the mercy of the consumer and sell through rates. A lot of the times some of these stores buy way more than they ever should have on their initial buy and they never purchase that kind of volume again. Initials sales rates are fools gold.

Doug Piranha

Oct 13, 2021
Apparently the tampering is true, NW suspected starting QB in the portal….recruited by current Sukeyes OC Lester, when he was a HC.
Right after hok spring game, right after Hill enters portal …( but purely conincdental.)
200w.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Trent Condon said on KXNO that Deacon's camp asked for $200k in NIL as that is a baseline rate for a starting Big 10 QB. Iowa said no, so he left. Condon claiming this was straight from an associate member of the Swarm collective.
That's insane for him.
Last night Chad said Iowa needs to cut about 5 scholarship players. I thought that was weird because for years Iowa has talked about "if we offer you a scholarship, we intend to stand by it."
Also mentioned Petras should be the starter at Utah St.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Trent Condon said on KXNO that Deacon's camp asked for $200k in NIL as that is a baseline rate for a starting Big 10 QB. Iowa said no, so he left. Condon claiming this was straight from an associate member of the Swarm collective.

LMAO that's hilarious. What's the going rate for a NAIA QB?

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
That's insane for him.
Last night Chad said Iowa needs to cut about 5 scholarship players. I thought that was weird because for years Iowa has talked about "if we offer you a scholarship, we intend to stand by it."
Also mentioned Petras should be the starter at Utah St.

With guys using Covid years many teams are over the scholarship limit heading into the spring. Iowa and Iowa State both included.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
With guys using Covid years many teams are over the scholarship limit heading into the spring. Iowa and Iowa State both included.
I get that but Iowa has chirped a lot over the years about how many scholarships ISU offers and how the Iowa way is different.

• Winner
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Dude probably would have stayed if they offered him 200 mcnuggets. Thats how bad of a spot Proctor put the Swarm

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Dude probably would have stayed if they offered him 200 mcnuggets. Thats how bad of a spot Proctor put the Swarm
It probably doesn't help that Swarm overestimated the revenue they would get from the Swarm beer. This made them overspend on other players.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Talk about over playing your hand, the guy was the backup until the starter go hurt, and sucked when he was on the field, but now he wants $200K to do it again? Damn, where can I sign up.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Deacon Hill isn't even the projected starter week one (assuming McNamara is healthy). Asking for starter money when you are the backup and not even a good one seems like a bold move by Hill.

Either McNamara isn't going to be ready or this story is BS.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Deacon Hill isn't even the projected starter week one (assuming McNamara is healthy). Asking for starter money when you are the backup and not even a good one seems like a bold move by Hill.

Either McNamara isn't going to be ready or this story is BS.

They are clearly concerned about McNamara otherwise they wouldn't be hitting the portal for a QB.