Iowa Football Recruiting

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Didn’t look it up, what’s his eligibility like? If it’s only 1 or 2 seasons, they have absolutely no confidence in McNamara returning and or being effective this year.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
100% the OC and rest of kkkirk staff tampered with this kid. NO effin way a starting QB leaves NW for the hacks. They did it with proctor and now this kid !
Probably flying him and other offense players to Cali for a week . . . . as a signing bonus.

Reactions: Acylum

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Why would a kid that has played quite a bit at Northwestern transfer to the worst offense in the country to be a backup?

Something isn’t right with this. Wonder if he was told that Cade might not be healthy enough to play until mid season at best or something? Otherwise, why ride the pine at Iowa?

Even if you do get to play at Iowa, it’s an awful offense where you’ll just be handing it off most of the time. I bet Iowa WAY overpaid for this kid. It was getting REALLY late and they had to land someone.

• Informative
Reactions: CyValley

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Why would a kid that has played quite a bit at Northwestern transfer to the worst offense in the country to be a backup?

Something isn’t right with this. Wonder if he was told that Cade might not be healthy enough to play until mid season at best or something? Otherwise, why ride the pine at Iowa?

Even if you do get to play at Iowa, it’s an awful offense where you’ll just be handing it off most of the time. I bet Iowa WAY overpaid for this kid. It was getting REALLY late and they had to land someone.
Transferring to be the starter

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and BigTurk

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I gotta say, though, with 19 returning starters and 18 returning backups, an offense that looks to be powerful based on its maturity in the last half of last season and outstanding defensive players. . . .

If we don't run over eiu in iowa city in September, we're gonna have to shut our mouths for, well, a long time. IMO, that's just the way it is.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BigCyFan

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Eickholt thinks so.
I wouldn’t say that. He will be competing to be the starter though and should be a much more capable backup than wha deacon could provide. He also has two years left so could become the starter next year as well.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wouldn’t say that. He will be competing to be the starter though and should be a much more capable backup than wha deacon could provide. He also has two years left so could become the starter next year as well.

I would be shocked if Cade is ready to go week 1.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I would be shocked if Cade is ready to go week 1.
I wouldn’t be shocked if he is ready, but obviously it is very rational to feel he won’t. I think he starts week one right now, but of course he is injury prone so I could be very wrong.