Iowa State and NCAA Football 25

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
I was wondering how do you guys think our players will be rated in the upcoming game. I was thinking Rocco would be the top guy around 87-89. Madden has been pretty generous with ratings the last couple years.

Reactions: HarryClone

HarryClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2021
I think Jaylin Noel will be our top guy thanks to good speed and agility numbers. Higgins and Freyler have a shot too. I feel like younger guys like Rocco, Sama and Brahmer won't get the respect they deserve (but I'll edit them accordingly of course)

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
As long as they don't introduce Jack Trice stadium as "on the banks of the Skunk River!".

To this day I still wonder how that was the best they could come up with in the old NCAA Football games.

Get rid of the Skunk River intro but keep the “you don’t just *shashay* into Jack Trice Stadium expecting to win!” … one can only hope.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I played a LOT of NCAA 2004 on the Gamecube, so I remember this!
Yep same here! We bought an Xbox shortly after and bought it for Xbox when they discontinued making it for Gamecube.

I only have a Switch now, I would have loved if they had a Switch version of the new one.

Reactions: khardbored

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
As long as they don't introduce Jack Trice stadium as "on the banks of the Skunk River!".

To this day I still wonder how that was the best they could come up with in the old NCAA Football games.
It is on the banks of the Ioway Creek.

• Haha

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
They know how big the NCAA football game returning is so they are absolutely keeping that price high much longer than normal.

Prices are being kept where they are because of increased hardware costs, which are negating any sort of natural price cuts we’d normally see by this time in the hardware lifecycle. The AI gold rush is still propping up demand for chip manufacturing so it’s still a bit of a sellers market for the companies who produce this stuff.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Why is EA paying each school differently? I don't understand why this payment system exists. It doesn't really matter I guess, it's pennies but just odd to me.

• Informative

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
how in the hell are ps5's still running at 450 bucks? damn it
Even used ones are still $300+, same as Series X's.

I think I'm just gonna grab a used Series S for this around $200 or less. I primarily play on PC, already have a couple controllers, I figure this game will be the only one I buy for the console for quite some time. Tempted to just cheap out on it as best I can.

The one exception to this I'm waiting to see is if they release a special CFB edition console. I just might bite at that.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Looks like PS5 consoles are $50 off at Target through Saturday.

$399 for digital slim console, $449 for a slim console.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
They know how big the NCAA football game returning is so they are absolutely keeping that price high much longer than normal.
I was shocked when I first heard how much of a revenue discrepancy there is between Madden and the NCAA games. Matt Brown is a reporter that has been following the game development pretty closely and he stated in an interview that historically the NCAA games only produced about 25% of the annual revenue of Madden. In the grand scheme of things that NCAA games aren't large earners for EA.

Last edited:
  • Wow