Iowa State is Bowl Eligible

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
And that is basically an afterthought! How crazy is it for this program that reaching 6 wins isn't being treated as a huge cause for calibration. Thinking back to anytime in the pre-Campbell era, bowl eligibility was the goal. Making it to 6 wins was considered a successful season under Rhoads and McCarney, but now the expectations have been raised so much that 6 wins wasn't even the floor for this team.

This makes 5 straight years under Campbell that the Cyclones will be going bowling, extending the longest streak in program history. Campbell also ties McCarney for bowl appearances (2000, '01, '02, '04, '05). Campbell is tied with McCarney for bowl wins as a HC with two.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
And that is basically an afterthought! How crazy is it for this program that reaching 6 wins isn't being treated as a huge cause for calibration. Thinking back to anytime in the pre-Campbell era, bowl eligibility was the goal. Making it to 6 wins was considered a successful season under Rhoads and McCarney, but now the expectations have been raised so much that 6 wins wasn't even the floor for this team.

This makes 5 straight years under Campbell that the Cyclones will be going bowling, extending the longest streak in program history. Campbell also ties McCarney for bowl appearances (2000, '01, '02, '04, '05). Campbell is tied with McCarney for bowl wins as a HC with two.
Was thinking the same thing this weekend. Cool we’re eligible but a total afterthought under Campbell. Even wilder - we are 3-0 against TX the last 3 seasons. I never thought I’d say that in my lifetime.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
The best part is that I think the Texas win eliminates us from Liberty Bowl contention.
Yep, looks like plane tickets are in the near future. I was hoping for a shot at New Orleans simply because flights in and out of there are so much cheaper than Florida or Arizona destinations this time of year.That, and they have some nice Pole Assassins on Bourbon Street.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
The best part is that I think the Texas win eliminates us from Liberty Bowl contention.
Sugar
Alamo
Cheez-It (Camping World)
Texas
Liberty
Guaranteed Rate

Unless they step on their dicks against Tech or TCU I think Orlando is the floor. If OU runs the table and makes the playoff I think San Antonio is a real possibility.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Sugar
Alamo
Cheez-It (Camping World)
Texas
Liberty
Guaranteed Rate

Unless they step on their dicks against Tech or TCU I think Orlando is the floor. If OU runs the table and makes the playoff I think San Antonio is a real possibility.

Are there any considerations that need to be taken in to account in regards to going to a certain bowl a certain number or times in set timeframe?

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Sugar
Alamo
Cheez-It (Camping World)
Texas
Liberty
Guaranteed Rate

obviously right now, we're still shooting for the Sugar Bowl but if like you said, if OU runs the table and gets the playoff, we'd get the Alamo...not ideal given the hype our season had, BUT San Antonio is the most fun I've had at a bowl site yet...such a fun city