Iowa State should be 1 Spot Higher in the AP Poll

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
I was looking at the individual voters for the AP poll on poll tracker and I think I can say with a high level of confidence that ISU should actually be at #17 in the AP poll instead of #18. Here's why.

Voter Steve Virgen had ISU ranked 19th after the KU win. After the Baylor win, he had ISU unranked. Additionally, he did not include Iowa in his Top 25 last week, but was the only voter to have them in their top 25 this week. At #18 no less! Given this information, I'd be willing to bet that Steve fat-fingered his poll entry and put Iowa instead of ISU. This would've have given ISU another 8 points in the poll, which would've moved them ahead of Washington to #17.

Conspiracy!!! Ok, not really. None of this really matters, but I thought it was an interesting tidbit to share.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yeah I'm surprised people think there are better 3 loss teams than us out there.

• Creative
Reactions: tzjung

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
Yeah I'm surprised people think there are better 3 loss teams than us out there.

Assuming Washington should actually be lower, that would put Texas, Florida and Penn St. as the 3 loss teams ahead of us. I think you could actually make decent arguments for Texas and Florida given who they've beat and lost to, but Penn St. has no business being that high given their only win against a ranked team was @ Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
a few people tweeted at him and I commented with @ap but no sucess. Guessing nothing changes.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Those pesky Iowa State University Hawkeyes. :rolleyes:
giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: FOREVERTRUE

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Assuming Washington should actually be lower, that would put Texas, Florida and Penn St. as the 3 loss teams ahead of us. I think you could actually make decent arguments for Texas and Florida given who they've beat and lost to, but Penn St. has no business being that high given their only win against a ranked team was @ Iowa.

Florida got smacked by Mizzou at home so no.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It doesn't matter at all. Nice to be rated, but they will be back to unrated with any loss. Just keep on winning, the rest will take care of itself.