Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Bronny James just hit the portal and entering the draft maintaining his eligibility. Waiting for the Iowa media folks to report Iowa's interest in him. I mean come on, LeBron has spoken so highly of CC, and she going to school at Iowa, along with Iowa needing some guards..... He doesn't need any NIL money. :D:D
He's such a hard player to project. He doesn't really excel at any one thing but is a good all-around player. If it wasn't for his name/family, he's probably not really talked about on the national stage and a fringe draft pick at best. However, because of his name and the NBA team picking him having a chance to land LeBron for 2-3 years, he'll go way higher than he should.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Add another confirmed target.

He's been talked about a lot over the past week on the Premium side. To me, I think he's the exact type of guy you use a 1-year scholarship on rather than banking it. You don't bring him in if you have other needs, but if you have a spare scholarship, this is how I'd use it over banking nowadays.

His competing schools further backs this up - you don't see big names that are still trying to fill their primary needs.

Best case, he can contribute with good height for 8-10 mins/game. Worst case, he fills a good role on the practice squad.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
He's been talked about a lot over the past week on the Premium side. To me, I think he's the exact type of guy you use a 1-year scholarship on rather than banking it. You don't bring him in if you have other needs, but if you have a spare scholarship, this is how I'd use it over banking nowadays.

His competing schools further backs this up - you don't see big names that are still trying to fill their primary needs.

Best case, he can contribute with good height for 8-10 mins/game. Worst case, he fills a good role on the practice squad.

6’10” and 5 fouls at the absolute worst. TJ seems to be taking advantage of his PNW relationships, and I don’t hate that at all.

Reactions: bawbie and Jer