Iowa State Uniform Discussions

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It's too bad you don't like it. I think it's awesome. Of course, it isn't wrong at all to have differing opinions on the design, even though your opinion is incorrect! Go Cyclones!
Fixed it for you. Haha! Only partially kidding.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
T-noah, my helmet has a slanted logo because the helmet is on a flat surface. If it were on a player's head, the slant would match the original.
And yes I understand that. That's what I figured. I do propose then to make the slant just a bit more, make it slightly beefier than pic one on post #4063, voila you may have something different to go at it again.

I appreciate your further resolution. What I'm saying as that I saw it differently and I think it has to marketed differently also, if it ever has a chance of approval. If there ever is a next time.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
I miss the white helmet with a tapered stripe. Plus, it makes me wonder if the stripe could be made into a cool skinny tornado of some type, or hinting at it (like the basketball uniforms). Probably not flaring wide like the Ornado. I have no artistic ability.

whiteback-png.42501

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

B/b/b it is. I figured we do black vs. OU.
So, how about this in about 2 years? Takes about that long to be approved, ordered, made. Haha! <Just so I get this in, credit to @Kagavi for the chevron inspiration. It is out-of-the box, but I like it so there.
CyUni 1994  a1 Pnt2 KGaviGoldTrimChev Sh3 88- b b b BlkfceRBW BlkS HD.png

Reactions: Cycho1

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here's another (b/b/b mock). People have been saying they'd like a touch of C/G, our colors with the all-black. I agree. The Chevron is darker than the Stapleton gold we had in the '50's/60's. This so not to contrast too much w/ the black.

I like the current Trice/chevron patch we are wearing this year. It does seem like an after-thought though, like where to put it? Oh, OK, we can fit it in right here above the jersey Swoosh!

If we are going to pay tribute to Trice in future, I say design something with a little more thought/pizzaz. @Kagavi a couple of years ago was a bit ahead of the curve. Kudos. I realize some will not like. I like what Kagavi was trying to get at, and his work in general.
CyUni 1994  a1 Pnt2 KGaviGoldTrimChev Sh3 15- b b b RdIStBlkfceBBW BlkS HD.png

Reactions: clonedude

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I miss the white helmet with a tapered stripe. Plus, it makes me wonder if the stripe could be made into a cool skinny tornado of some type, or hinting at it (like the basketball uniforms). Probably not flaring wide like the Ornado. I have no artistic ability.

whiteback-png.42501

How about this?... Have the Trice stripes at the front center of the helmet. Then have them morph (with a space between) into a tapering (narrowing down) stripe all the way to the back. And have the back end of the stripe morph into a cyclone.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
How about this?... Have the Trice stripes at the front center of the helmet. Then have them morph (with a space between) into a tapering (narrowing down) stripe all the way to the back. And have the back end of the stripe morph into a cyclone.
I do think some helmet stripes would be nice. And the trice ones would look clean if they stopped three quarters of the way to the back of the helmet. Good idea.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

whiteback-png.42501

The cool thing about that stripe too was that it was actually gold looking instead of mustard looking.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

That is SICK!

If you have time, could you color the tornado cardinal? And maybe also do one where the top "section" of the tornado is cardinal, the next "section" down is gold, next one down cardinal, etc alternating. That might look stupid, but might be cool to see.

Or a cardinal tornado that has a thin gold trim around it?

I'm asking for a LOT, aren't I? You are just too good at photoshop!!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The cool thing about that stripe too was that it was actually gold looking instead of mustard looking.
Yeah, what were they thinking?! Did something right on that one, then only lasted the one year. Oh well. :confused:

Cyclone5234

Nov 29, 2018
Indiana
That is SICK!

If you have time, could you color the tornado cardinal? And maybe also do one where the top "section" of the tornado is cardinal, the next "section" down is gold, next one down cardinal, etc alternating. That might look stupid, but might be cool to see.

Or a cardinal tornado that has a thin gold trim around it?

I'm asking for a LOT, aren't I? You are just too good at photoshop!!
blk red.jpg edge.jpg
and something different...rough
mcds.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron