Iowa State Uniform Discussions

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Actually also didn't we wear it for CW Bowl, too? Speaking of crapping the bed...
You might be right..... Either way Matt Campbell noticed. Probably why we are not going to wear them saturday.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Actually also didn't we wear it for CW Bowl, too? Speaking of crapping the bed...
yup

AR-312289847.jpg&MaxH=400

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Guessing if we win Saturday and then are the designated home team in Title Game we will wear black there as well. Campbell pretty superstitious I think.
As long as we keep winning and the players like them, I’m fine wearing black every single game.
So I'll just say it. After we lose in all-black (eventually it will happen), does the superstition go away?

p.s., the only negatives I should get here are from the superstitious.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
We seem to have good luck in AllBlack vs WVU. So I'm ok w/ it.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
So I'll just say it. After we lose in all-black (eventually it will happen), does the superstition go away?

That's my question, too. That and the "we always win in black." It won't last forever. ... Not saying I'd drop them completely as soon as an "L" shows up, or anything like that, but eventually it'll level off to the neighborhood of any other combo.

Or maybe it won't. Knock on wood! :D

• Winner
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That's my question, too. That and the "we always win in black." It won't last forever. ... Not saying I'd drop them completely as soon as an "L" shows up, or anything like that, but eventually it'll level off to the neighborhood of any other combo.

Or maybe it won't. Knock on wood! :D
Well stated my friend!

Reactions: cyclones500

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Dumb question. That’s the first I’ve seen “Cyclones” across the Jersey. Is this a new development?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Dumb question. That’s the first I’ve seen “Cyclones” across the Jersey. Is this a new development?

Pretty sure it's that way for all of the uniform announcements for game week.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Pretty sure it's that way for all of the uniform announcements for game week.
Not dumb. I fell for that earlier in the year! The CYCLONES is there in place of the players' name, only used that way for uniform announcements that week.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA

Yeah, the idea that “we can’t lose in black” will eventually be proven wrong. Still, if the players like them I’m perfectly fine using the all blacks as much as will keep them happy.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Could someone take the unis the Steelers have on today and mock up for ISU?
I'm hoping you were kidding about that. But if you meant replace the Steelers gold with some version of red, I still don't think that would look good. No I think what they've done with the black is probably for the best, keep it all black (and silver, white).

I'm like many others though that wish they would include a little dark red (my mocks have that in the sleeve) in the all-black. They could take if from there if they wanted more (helmet stickers, logo, accessories). No-brainer really for me.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm hoping you were kidding about that. But if you meant replace the Steelers gold with some version of red, I still don't think that would look good. No I think what they've done with the black is probably for the best, keep it all black (and silver, white).

I'm like many others though that wish they would include a little dark red (my mocks have that in the sleeve) in the all-black. They could take if from there if they wanted more (helmet stickers, logo, accessories). No-brainer really for me.

That was a joke because Hoks = Steelers

Reactions: bgprest and t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yeah, the idea that “we can’t lose in black” will eventually be proven wrong. Still, if the players like them I’m perfectly fine using the all blacks as much as will keep them happy.
Yes. It is their season. So far can't complain!

...too much. Haha.