Iowa State Uniform Discussions

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The gold on the arms is a great touch. Otherwise would be a little too plain. I'm getting a little Arizona State vibe from the new numbers. Not a bad thing. Now if we can use gold like they do...

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
D_2ra97XsAEYS-0

A pretty good look at them. These look sharp and are definitely still the cardinal of last seasons.
We can't be certain, but I think Nike may be a sponsor.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
ab11 2020 Home Col a01 01 01 01$.png I really like these new cardinal jerseys! Can we now say that our home set is now at least nearing the excellence of our away sets?

Reactions: cymonw1980

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
View attachment 65314 I really like these new cardinal jerseys! Can we now say that our home set is now at least nearing the excellence of our away sets?

They are much better -- but I think the issue is more holistic now than just the black collar, which really was not going with the rest of the home cardinal jerseys.

I do not like the all-cardinal look -- I know most do, but I am not a big fan of monochromatic football uniforms. It looks like a jumpsuit and/or a ketchup bottle.

So we need a different color of pants. Right now, the other options are white and black.

White looks weird. So does black. Nothing to tie it to the helmet/jersey.

So we need gold pants. :)

The home look is held back by the lack of gold pants right now.

Our road looks are great, though.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
They are much better -- but I think the issue is more holistic now than just the black collar, which really was not going with the rest of the home cardinal jerseys.

I do not like the all-cardinal look -- I know most do, but I am not a big fan of monochromatic football uniforms. It looks like a jumpsuit and/or a ketchup bottle.

So we need a different color of pants. Right now, the other options are white and black.

White looks weird. So does black. Nothing to tie it to the helmet/jersey.

So we need gold pants. :)

The home look is held back by the lack of gold pants right now.

Our road looks are great, though.

We've seen cardinal on gold. It looks terrible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron