Iowa State Uniform Discussions

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
These are going to be illegible from the TV angle on Saturday. Just like our grey jerseys were in 2016.

Someone needs to have enough sack to tell these schools "no."

That uniform should have a white number. If they want red (crimson) on it, use it to outline the number.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
These are going to be illegible from the TV angle on Saturday. Just like our grey jerseys were in 2016.

I actually don't think it will be too bad since the numbers are outlined in white. If they weren't you'd be right though.

I think they actually look pretty good.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I actually don't think it will be too bad since the numbers are outlined in white. If they weren't you'd be right though.

I think they actually look pretty good.
Well, cool. Everybody has one.

Opinion, that is. Haha

------------------------
You may also like what TCU has slogged together today, vs. OkState?

At least you can see their numbers! Ha.

And on TCU's unis today, did you notice the shoulder number color is purple, the main number is red. More interesting? Not sure if I've seen that before.

------------------------
We will probably see more forward-thinking uniform design, espescially maybe in the new Big 12, from now on (not saying I liked what TCU, or OU wore today).

Of course, ISU will lag behind. That may either be good or bad.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Well, cool. Everybody has one.

Opinion, that is. Haha

------------------------
You may also like what TCU has slogged together today, vs. OkState?

At least you can see their numbers! Ha.

And on TCU's unis today, did you notice the shoulder number color is purple, the main number is red. More interesting? Not sure if I've seen that before.

------------------------
We will probably see more forward-thinking uniform design, espescially maybe in the new Big 12, from now on (not saying I liked what TCU, or OU wore today).

Of course, ISU will lag behind. That may either be good or bad.

I have to take my earlier opinion back..... the numbers were hard to read today.

I still thought they looked sweet though!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I have to take my earlier opinion back..... the numbers were hard to read today.

I still thought they looked sweet though!
If they (OU) were bent on doing the uni they did today, they could have made it better fairly easily. 1) Use a broader white trim to the numbers, and 2) choose a 50% lighter shade of red for the numbers. They would have gotten nearly the same effect with better results.

Either way, I still didn't like it. But it's OU so who cares!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
If they (OU) were bent on doing the uni they did today, they could have made it better fairly easily. 1) Use a broader white trim to the numbers, and 2) choose a 50% lighter shade of red for the numbers. They would have gotten nearly the same effect with better results.

Either way, I still didn't like it. But it's OU so who cares!
Anything is better than the shitsuits TCU rolled out. My word those were horrible.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Liked those, did you?

LOL. Yeah I don't mind being ahead of the curve but they broke the curve there!
I just couldn’t figure out what they were trying to achieve, it was so much of everything. It honestly looked like they asked a fashion designer out of NYC to design a football uniform out of whatever they had sitting on the floor.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I just couldn’t figure out what they were trying to achieve, it was so much of everything. It honestly looked like they asked a fashion designer out of NYC to design a football uniform out of whatever they had sitting on the floor.
It reminded me of me about 4-6 years ago, with uniform design. LOL

chiroclone88

Nov 14, 2006
I'm not a robot

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Reactions: chiroclone88

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

I’m pretty sure they designed them, showed them to the team and they’re like what the **** are these? Then they had to Google reasons to explain them away.
OK then. That was, ah, interesting, I think.

Jeremy, I like your theory!

Help Support Us

Become a patron