Iowa would have beat ISU with Tony Freeman

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
KIDDING

Nice 3-14 game shooting last night with ZERO assists, blocks, steals. Throw in a couple turnovers and end the night right there.

The dude is terrible. He played the game of his life against UNI and people thought he would be their savior. Welcome back Tony

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
He's an ok guard and is better than what he showed last night. I think he had a little rust in him being it was only his second game. It took Juri quite awhile to catch up too.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
It is possible.... but he hadn't shown it once last year... I would say that is the difference between him and Jiri. (and Im not saying Jiri is a stud either)

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I agree with Incyte that you can't judge Freeman after only two games back, and he had some decent games last year. I'm not saying he's good, but he's at least a legitimate big 10 player, and there may be only a couple on this Iowa team. Drake is getting a lot of props right now, but I don't think they will finish in the top 3-4 in the Mo Valley.

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007
Also, nice job Iowa in shooting 0 free throws. I guess that could be more of a good job outta Drake.......

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
As much as I dislike Iowa this is an unfair post. Freeman has been injured for 2 months. Do you really think he is going to come out and light the world on fire? He has a hobbled foot and Drake presses which only makes him look that much worse.

He hasn't done much in his career so far by he has been stuck behind Haluska for 2 years and Horner for one. He is not an all big 10 player but he does not suck either. He is an average shooting guard w/ a solid build. If I were him I would take it to the whole more often.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I think the point of the original post was that Iowa fans were claiming if this version of Freeman had played against ISU, they would have won the game. Obviously they are gravely mistaken. It's not their fault, Freeman's probably the only name most trailerpark Hawk fans can recognize this year.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I think the point of the original post was that Iowa fans were claiming if this version of Freeman had played against ISU, they would have won the game. Obviously they are gravely mistaken. It's not their fault, Freeman's probably the only name most trailerpark Hawk fans can recognize this year.

Exactly.

The main point was that Freeman has NEVER been good. So why would they expect him to suddenly be a differnce maker this year based off of only ONE game (UNI)

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Exactly.

The main point was that Freeman has NEVER been good. So why would they expect him to suddenly be a differnce maker this year based off of only ONE game (UNI)
Kinda like expecting Jake Christensen to be the football savior.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Exactly.

Considering how well he did against UNI, I think most Iowa fans were expecting him to be able to contribute in a very similar way.

However, against Drake, that wasn't the case.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
The problem with Freeman has always been inconsistancy. He'll make a great play or play a good game and then follow it up with a mistake or an off night. When you are depending on him to carry your team as your best player, you are in trouble.

dkuecker

Apr 15, 2006
And the Hawks would have beat us in football had the 11 athletes had not been arrested......

Help Support Us

Become a patron