Is there any "special color" I'm supposed to wear to tomorrow's game?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I haven't been to a game in two years, but am coming up from Indianapolis to see Coach PR's debut.

I was just going to wear my white Lane Danielson jersey, but before doing so, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a "Golden Rules" day thing.

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
Might be a good time to upgrade to the current colors, so JTS doesn't continue to look like a bag of skittles threw up on the stands. Just food for thought.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
You can't go wrong with a Cardinal colored shirt. Drop by the UBS, CBS, T-Galaxy or Dog Town University before the game :yes:

If you're crunched for time they sell shirts at the stadium :wink:

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I don't understand why we all can't just wear Cardinal.
As a Cyclone Fan you should always own:

Red/Cardinal Shirt for nice weather football games.
Cardinal Sweatshirt
Cardinal windbreaker

If it gets really cold THEN you can wear whatever you want.

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames
I don't understand why we all can't just wear Cardinal.
As a Cyclone Fan you should always own:

Red/Cardinal Shirt for nice weather football games.
Cardinal Sweatshirt
Cardinal windbreaker

If it gets really cold THEN you can wear whatever you want.
I've heard Gold is also one of our colors, can anyone confirm?

Reactions: RayShimley

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Wear what you want, as long as it isn't green! I'm still continuing to update to the "right" cardinal. I went to pick up a couple tshirts the other day and was amazed by the variation between manufacturers! Nike isn't even always consistent! And then a black I-State cap almost made it into the line-up - is black the replacement, un-offical compliment color??? It looked real slick...

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Wear what you want, as long as it isn't green! I'm still continuing to update to the "right" cardinal. I went to pick up a couple tshirts the other day and was amazed by the variation between manufacturers! Nike isn't even always consistent! And then a black I-State cap almost made it into the line-up - is black the replacement, un-offical compliment color??? It looked real slick...

I'm thinking about going over to get a black I-State hat from dog town later today. Was browsing around and saw that. Looked pretty nice.

It seems any hat with red on it kinda meshes in with the logo, and I'm just not a big fan of yellow hats.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
one of the worst dress-code mistakes I ever made going to a game was when I decided to wear this sweet new long-sleeve shirt to a Cyclone game. Problem was that the shirt was orangish color and we were playing Texas that day. It was one of those bone-headed moves where you instantly realize the problem, but only after you've arrived at the stadium. Needless to say, I got a ton of **** that day. Of course, all the Texas fans thought I was one of them.....

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I base what I'm wearing on the colors of our opponent. I believe NDSU is green and yellow so I'm wearing Cardinal. Do a little research and you can't go wrong. It gets a little more challenging when we play someone with the same or similar color scheme. If we ever play USC my head would explode.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

I think black is always appropriate, even before Labor Day.

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
I'm thinking about going over to get a black I-State hat from dog town later today. Was browsing around and saw that. Looked pretty nice.

It seems any hat with red on it kinda meshes in with the logo, and I'm just not a big fan of yellow hats.
This one? Does look pretty cool. Was it fitted?
404Mistateblkwh.jpg

Courtesy dogtownu.com

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames
Color Plan - Boise State

If Boise State can somehow pull off for their fans to wear certain colors according to the section they sit in I will scream since we can't even get a stadium to where either Cardinal or Gold correctly.

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames
I base what I'm wearing on the colors of our opponent. I believe NDSU is green and yellow so I'm wearing Cardinal. Do a little research and you can't go wrong. It gets a little more challenging when we play someone with the same or similar color scheme. If we ever play USC my head would explode.
Yeah, but what purse and shoes do you wear when the opponent wears green?