The Rob Gray

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2016
Sep 26, 2020; Fort Worth, Texas, USA; Iowa State Cyclones linebacker Mike Rose (23) and defensive back Anthony Johnson Jr. (26) celebrate an interception in the fourth quarter against the TCU Horned Frogs at Amon G. Carter Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports 

The operative — and borderline staggering — numbers of the day ranged from 10 to 12.

Why?

That’s how much muscle Iowa State cornerbacks coach Matt Caponi told reporters Wednesday that his two most experienced players, Anthony Johnson and Datrone Young, each packed on in the offseason.

Johnson — who has started 28 straight games for the Cyclones at left corner — was listed at 6-feet and 192 pounds last season, so gaining (10-to) 12 pounds of good weight heading into his senior season becomes very...

Continue reading...

A_storm_is_comin

Jan 9, 2021
This is probably the best football team Iowa State has ever had. That being said, we are another lock down corner away from being a top 5 D in the country. Imo, I would love to see Tampa at that 2nd corner position. I really like his size and athleticism.

I gotta be honest. I don't have alot a faith in Young or Kyle. Hopefully they prove me wrong and take a big step forward this season.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Really like seeing the shoutout to the nutritionist and the impact they have. I'm sure it's a role that goes overlooked and underappreciated most of the time, but a reminder of just how many people have put their hard work and energy into turning the program into what it is today.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
No one actually asked about Tayvonn Kyle, or we might have found out he’s put on 10-12 (needed) pounds as well.

The only guy of the six scholarship corners (counting Purchase) no one did ask about.