ISU -2 @ Ohio

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
I lost last week betting on ISU +4.
trying to get my money back. I got ISU -2.5
man, if you guys cant beat ohio by a fg, you'll be down there with Houston and WVU.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We suck. Season's over. Time to drop down to the MVC. Might actually win some games down there.

:jimlad:

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I am stuck between the following two wagers on DK:

Ohio Under 19.5 Points -115
Iowa State over 2.5 touchdowns -115

I honestly love both, thoughts?

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I am stuck between the following two wagers on DK:

Ohio Under 19.5 Points -115
Iowa State over 2.5 touchdowns -115

I honestly love both, thoughts?
With no reason to base this on I just feel like the offense is going to have a big game. I’m hoping the Iowa game was a wake up call especially for WRs. I think Higgins will be the target going forward instead of Noel. Which Higgins impressed me in the 4th quarter. He definitely was the Offensive MVP. I’m also hoping Noel got alligator arms and hopefully won’t have drops this game. This just feels like a game that we will score 24+ points.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Ohio 2nd half team total under 9.5. JH defense lock down in the 2nd half. If the game is relatively close (within 2 tds) and the importance of winning this game and given our pedestrian offense I feel confident that the defense will keep them under a TD and FG.

• Agree
Reactions: AppleCornCy

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
My feel for this game is the defense scores and ISU covers.

I have a rule to only bet O/U on ISU, but I might have to lay 3 points. If we lose... well I can just about be done with football for 2023 and not worry about betting on it.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Ohio just won at FAU (no idea if they were expected to be good this year) and it's on the road. I think we win by 14+
FWIW, FAU's QB is Casey Thompson, who looked pretty good at Nebraska despite not much else around him going well.

Ohio held FAU to 10 points. I thought Tom Herman was one of our better play callers during his short time here. Not a high bar at all, but still impressive for Ohio especially on the road.

I like Rocco, but I don't think he's anywhere close to Casey Thompson right now. I'm don't even think Hunter Dekkers would have been very close to Casey Thompson this year.

This gives me pause, and I kind of understand the line. I'm not worried about our defense, but what if the offense or special teams gives up cheap points again. Certainly not unthinkable at ISU.

Even if we win 13-10 or something along those lines, the -3 line seems reasonable. I can definitely see us stuck in neutral, but winning ugly in the ugliest of games.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I just looked at DK. Never used it before. Seems interesting. The easiest bet would be Noel o/u 61.5 yards receiving. Has he ever gotten more than 60 yards receiving? His routes are 2 yards and he can't catch. What am I missing?