ISU fans and the 5 stages . . .

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
1-Denial - "this can't be happening to me". . . . Not accepting or even acknowledging the loss.

2-Anger - "why me?", feelings of wanting to fight back or get even. . . .

3-Bargaining - . . . attempting to make deals with God to stop or change the loss. Begging, wishing, praying. . . .

4-Depression - overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration, bitterness, self pity, mourning loss of person as well as the hopes, dreams and plans for the future. Feeling lack of control, feeling numb. Perhaps feeling suicidal.

5-Acceptance - there is a difference between resignation and acceptance. You have to accept the loss, not just try to bear it quietly. . . . Finding the good that can come out of the pain of loss, finding comfort and healing.

. . . You will survive. You will heal, even if you cannot believe that now, just know that it is true. To feel pain after loss is normal. It proves that we are alive, human. But we can't stop living. We have to become stronger, while not shutting off our feelings for the hope of one day being healed and finding love and/or happiness again.

Helping others through something we have experienced is a wonderful way to fascilitate our healing and bring good out of something tragic.

---------------

I'm already at stage 5; I figured the first four stages were worthy of no more than a moment's visit to take a breath and then quickly move on.

Best wishes to all my fellow Cyclone compadres. If character is revealed by action rather than words, I pray to the sports gods that we gather Masada-like around our own (JP and our players) and demonstrate a unified spirit to the college football world.

Defiance . . . Onward . . . Upward. . . . To hell with all the rest.

Reactions: CYVADER

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Funny%20Motivational%20Posters%2038.jpg

Reactions: CYVADER

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
It is nice to see more and more people coming around to stage 5 around here. There were a lot of very angry and depressed people around here.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
The love GC is getting from the Auburn faithful is helping me cope and heal much faster. Is there a stage called "comeuppance"

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
1. Denial - "No way! These are just rumors! He just said he was 'firmly entrenched' just a few weeks ago! He's happy here."

2. Anger - "So much for moral values! Calls out Philip Bates for quitting the team, and does it himself. No wonder Bates left, look who he has to look up to!"

3-Bargaining - "Let's just wait for an official release. They're still rumors, right? There's still a chance he could back out before signing the contract..."

4-Depression - "What another kick to the groin. What's this, one blow to the sports program every year for the past 5 years? Why does God hate us. Players are going to leave... recruits will decommit... attendance will be down next year..."

5. Acceptance - "Gee, those Auburn folks seem really pissed about Jacobs hiring Chizik away in lieu of Gill Turner... maybe this won't be so bad after all! Get Pollard on the phone with Turner, ASAP!"

Reactions: cyclonez7

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Nice job, AirWalke! Highly creative. I admire that. And so spot on, too.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I'm at stage 5. I'm starting to see this as a good thing. We just got rid of a coach that wasn't doing well here and, whether we knew or not at the time, obviously didn't have his heart and soul invested in ISU. Instead of having to fire the guy in year 3 or 4, we get him taken off our hands and someone PAYS us to do so.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron