Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
There are all sorts of rules that whoever was cleared to drive a government vehicle is supposed to follow. Including public perception of parking the vehicle at liquor stores, strip joints, bars, etc.
This looks like they were trying to be funny and its harmless, but someone will just get a handslap for a bit and lesson will be learned. Not a good way to grow your club is to get travel shutdown.

Pretty funny though....

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: aauummm and NWICY

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I was prepared to defend them but their claim to have parked there while eating at a nearby restaurant doesn't hold up. The nearest restaurants are almost two miles away, you have to cross an interstate to get to them and they have plenty of their own parking. Guessing there is more to the story than we're hearing.

FTR, I fully support using marijuana to your heart's content.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I have multiple shirts with 80s Cy holding a beer. (Including my pic on here)

Now we have to keep the van away from certain stores?

What happened to fun?!?
2007 I think some Sorority shirt for Iowa State VEISHEA or maybe homecoming had 80's Cy holding a beer that says Win or Lose We Still Booze

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I was prepared to defend them but their claim to have parked there while eating at a nearby restaurant doesn't hold up. The nearest restaurants are almost two miles away and have plenty of their own parking. Guessing there is more to the story than we're hearing.

**** you went down the google maps hole!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
We have a lacrosse team?

Club team similar to hockey etc... I believe. My question is are they banned from travel or just banned from using University vehicles while travelling? The article says banned from travel another one I heard banned from using vehicles.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
I would bet money they went into the dispensary - absolutely nothing wrong with that, you're a college kid of legal age at a legal dispensary. Also, who takes this pic and reports it? Snitches get stitches

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was prepared to defend them but their claim to have parked there while eating at a nearby restaurant doesn't hold up. The nearest restaurants are almost two miles away, you have to cross an interstate to get to them and they have plenty of their own parking. Guessing there is more to the story than we're hearing.

Probably eating edibles.

• Agree
Reactions: ruxCYtable

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Since you did I looked it up as well and you are damn right. Come on kids at least pick something that isn't in the middle of nowhere.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I would bet money they went into the dispensary - absolutely nothing wrong with that, you're a college kid of legal age at a legal dispensary. Also, who takes this pic and reports it? Snitches get stitches
Agree mostly. I think it should be legal everywhere. Guessing their club affiliation with ISU probably requires no drug/alcohol use when traveling in U vehicles. But yeah, F snitches.

Reactions: State2015

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Yeah, people should mind their own business, I don't know who would take that picture and snitch. That said, I'm pretty sure the policy for driving a university vehicle includes something like it's very clear that this is an ISU vehicle, don't be an idiot and drive it or park it places you shouldn't.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It will be legal everywhere soon. This will come to pass.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ISUKyro

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Just a small lapse of judgement parking an ISU vehicle there. No one cares if they went inside, it's the fact they accidently associated Iowa State to it.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY