CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
giphy.gif

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Speaking of the CFP was surprised when I saw this stat. Since 2017 ISU is tied with OK State with 9 weeks for 2nd place amongst Big 12 teams. Oklahoma of course leads with 15 weeks.

When you think about it, it isn't as big of a surprise as one would think. We've been awfully good the last 3 years. I think, just because we've been so close to being even better, it is easy to forget that what we are doing right now is still pretty special.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When you think about it, it isn't as big of a surprise as one would think. We've been awfully good the last 3 years. I think, just because we've been so close to being even better, it is easy to forget that what we are doing right now is still pretty special.

It's a little crazy that this year feels underwhelming when 8 wins pre-bowl is realistically attainable and the team has been ranked multiple times.

The last 3 seasons has by and large been the most 'forward' or 'downhill' (basically playing to win not just see what happens) I can remember ISU consistently playing.

There were moments prior and great moments but it was generally scattered throughout a season or over multiple seasons.

psychlones

Jun 13, 2006
Ames, IA
We dropped one spot in this week's rankings, down to 23rd

Overall, I'll still take it! Finish the regular season with a road win at K-State and we are solidly in for a Top 25 finish!

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Speaking of the CFP was surprised when I saw this stat. Since 2017 ISU is tied with OK State with 9 weeks for 2nd place amongst Big 12 teams. Oklahoma of course leads with 15 weeks.
That articulates how close we’ve been to truly breaking through. Frustrating, but also gratifying to be in that position:

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump and C.John

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Cursed by being a big favorite and not coming close to covering the spread. If we hadn't been such a favorite, a 10 point win against a team that played really well would have been more impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Cursed by being a big favorite and not coming close to covering the spread. If we hadn't been such a favorite, a 10 point win against a team that played really well would have been more impressive.
Oh c'mon. We were trailing KU in the 4th quarter. You can't ***** about dropping 1 spot over that. Certainly can't argue we should have gone up!

Reactions: khardbored

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
And as they said on the pregame show last week, total weeks in the poll over that same period for Florida State and Nebraska combined? Zero.

• Winner
Reactions: khardbored

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I was at the game when they lost to Drake under Criner. This is heaven.
Was that the game where the running back got nailed in the backfield—and the ball flew straight to their quarterback, who caught it in stride and scored?

If so, me too. This is heaven.