ISU's High Altitude BBall Players; PLS HELP!>>>

JunoSosa

Oct 7, 2007
Hi all,

I am turning back to the good people here, as this latest research topic is not something that I can find in the stat book. I am looking for basketball players with extreme hops-- someone who would be right at home in a slam dunk contest. Who would be the starting FIVE players who could touch the ceiling of Hilton before coming down to earth to hammer one home?

1162373050.jpg

I think this will be a bit of a difficult list, because I believe that historically our best players have been shooters. In the recent years, only two players come to mind: Rahshon Clark for his many dunks and Marcus Fizer-- who I don't consider a high flier, only because many of you hold his dunk over Chris Mihm close and dear to your hearts.

Take it away folks! Thanks in advance -- and I posted this a couple of days ago to thank all of you for your help, so here it is if it got lost in the shuffle:

Some of my personal favorite pictures of ISU football

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I believe Mike Taylor had the highest measured vertical, until Wesley came along and broke that. Throw Rahshon in the mix as well.

Todd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
there was a guy in the 70's who had some hops...Fowler, I think.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Loren Meyer scraped a rebound off the boards at about 11.0 ft in height feet in one game. Not sure what his vertical was though.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Terrance Allen....guy could absolutely fly.

Same era. Ronnie Virgil could also get up there. Also, wasn't it David Moss that Johnny said could jump higher than any white guy he had ever seen..... Only Johnny could get away with saying something like that.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Jeff Grayer comes to mind, Lafester Rhodes, Cato, but Rashon Clark had the most acrobatic dunks that you will never forget.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Ely Parker - I BELIEVE that was his last name. He played for Orr. ESPN did a special segment on him and showcased his dunking ability to the tune of "Ely's Coming". The guy never played much, but had a whole series of named dunks. My favorite was "freeze frame". He literally flew toward the hoop, turned and posed for the camera while in the air, and then finished with a thunderous dunk. My guess is that he has more hops than any ISU player in history.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Same era. Ronnie Virgil could also get up there. Also, wasn't it David Moss that Johnny said could jump higher than any white guy he had ever seen..... Only Johnny could get away with saying something like that.

I don't know if Orr said that about Moss, but he DID say that "Moss has the longest arms he's ever seen on a white guy". I was floored. Ooooo ee

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron