Joe Burrow transferring from tOSU

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames

I know it was rumored (not sure how credible) at one time that ISU might be a destination, but doubt that's likely if it was even realistic in the first place especially with Kempt back for his 6th year

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I think it would be 100% foolish not to show interest considering the talent level, family connection, and previous recruitment.

Two years of eligibility left. Would be the most talented QB in the room on Day 1.

Obviously get the desire to show commitment to the guys already there, especially after Kempt got his 6th year, but if we want to compete at the highest level then we aren't in a position to pass up on talent.

If a guy like Burrow is interested, you have to pursue that. Could elevate this team even further.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I think it would be 100% foolish not to show interest considering the talent level, family connection, and previous recruitment.

Two years of eligibility left. Would be the most talented QB in the room on Day 1.

Obviously get the desire to show commitment to the guys already there, especially after Kempt got his 6th year, but if we want to compete at the highest level then we aren't in a position to pass up on talent.

If a guy like Burrow is interested, you have to pursue that. Could elevate this team even further.
What is the family connection?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Isn’t Martell supposed to be the guy pretty soon?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
There isn't really a family connection to Iowa State.

His father coached at ISU with Walden. He was born in Ames. His brothers went to Ames High. Both attended Nebraska. He has family in Nebraska.
I would consider the fact that his dad coach at Iowa State and raised his family in Ames for 8 years a family connection... but that's just me.

May not do much in the way of helping here, but I would say it probably had a role in the fact that Iowa State was runner-up to Ohio State in Joe Burrow's recruitment.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk and skibumspe

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Lazy article, just lists the same big name programs on every list for a player like this. Florida, Texas, LSU, UCLA, Nebraska & Iowa State.

The article also says "his uncles, Jamie and Dan, played at Nebraska". I'm pretty sure they are his brothers. They all have the same father.