JTS Improvements - Want More

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Volleyball looks to be completed by 2025 from the video below. I believe the tennis facility is supposed to be done before then, but I could be wrong.

Once the tennis facility is done, tennis will vacate McKee and work can begin to redo it for VB.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
This thread has gone quiet. And since this thread has become all things facility upgrades.

Has anyone seen or heard of any updates.

Ie:
Anything else confirmed for CyTown? Brewery, Hotel, restaurants, stores, etc. besides clinic.
Timeline adjustments for CyTown?
When Buildings will start going up?
Parking timeline adjustments since they are ahead?

More info on new things being bid out?
Updates on new vid boards and sound systems for JTS and Hilton?
Future of planned Hilton reno?

Other new facilities in the works?
Timeline of new Wrestling facility? What about Wrestling upgrades in progress at Leid and what those will be used for?
Timeline of new Tennis and VB facilities?

Any other facility upgrades being discussed/planned? etc.
Had the opportunity to chat with Jamie at a function a few months back and asked about the bolded. He said that Hilton is getting a new video board, along with a new ring board and lower corner boards (which will be video screens) for next season. Both Hilton and Jack Trice will be getting new sound systems for next season. Jack Trice will have new video boards for the 2025 season. I also asked about new LED lights that can be quickly turned on and off for light shows, and he said that they've been discussed, but nothing planned. Said they were recently updated and still have a few more years of service in them.

Asked about Hilton concourse plan that they announced a couple years ago too, and I guess that's still in the plans, but a bit on the back burner until they finish the Scheman club renovation, and are still waiting on fundraising goals for it to be met.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Had the opportunity to chat with Jamie at a function a few months back and asked about the bolded. He said that Hilton is getting a new video board, along with a new ring board and lower corner boards (which will be video screens) for next season. Both Hilton and Jack Trice will be getting new sound systems for next season. Jack Trice will have new video boards for the 2025 season. I also asked about new LED lights that can be quickly turned on and off for light shows, and he said that they've been discussed, but nothing planned. Said they were recently updated and still have a few more years of service in them.

Asked about Hilton concourse plan that they announced a couple years ago too, and I guess that's still in the plans, but a bit on the back burner until they finish the Scheman club renovation, and are still waiting on fundraising goals for it to be met.
I wonder if their doing both the north and south video boards or just the NEZ one? The south one is acceptable but the north one is rotten as we all know.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
I wonder if their doing both the north and south video boards or just the NEZ one? The south one is acceptable but the north one is rotten as we all know.
Both video boards the full lengths of the structures from what I can tell.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
Both of them were bid. I believe all video boards with athletics are being redone. This includes softball, track, Hilton, etc.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I assume the volleyball facility being completed is a precursor to major Hilton Renovations to get them out of the lower West Side.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Jamie just said on the radio:

New Sound System for Jack Trice for '24 season & New Video Boards for '25 season.

New Video Boards & Sound System for Hilton Coliseum next season (2024-25).

• Love
Reactions: Aclone and nrg4isu

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Any mention of Hilton renovation?
From what I've heard donors talk about, it's likely at least 10 years out at this point. And that can drastically change and push out even further with some of the NIL, players as employees, etc take over funding.

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt