K-State gives Bill Snyder 5 year extension

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It's not mentioned in this article but I read somewhere that Death gave him a 5 year extension as well, good for Bill.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I think it's a smart move by K State. If he makes it the extra five years then it works out great for them. To me it is about recruiting and trying to show long term stability. I view it as they have their coach in waiting on staff or will be letting Snyder bring someone in to replace him but work under him for a number of years. If that person spends five extra more years with Snyder it is a benefit to them if they are willing to stick around that long. If Snyder kicks the bucket somewhere along the way they already have their transition plan in place. Really doesn't hurt them to sign him to an extension.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I think it's a smart move by K State. If he makes it the extra five years then it works out great for them. To me it is about recruiting and trying to show long term stability. I view it as they have their coach in waiting on staff or will be letting Snyder bring someone in to replace him but work under him for a number of years. If that person spends five extra more years with Snyder it is a benefit to them if they are willing to stick around that long. If Snyder kicks the bucket somewhere along the way they already have their transition plan in place. Really doesn't hurt them to sign him to an extension.

My K-State homies think that it'll be Snyder's son Sean who eventually takes the reins from the old man. Sean Snyder is the special teams coach at KSU.