Kansas doesn't seem like typical kansas this year

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The conspiracy theorist in me sees a very tightly called game Saturday in Houston allowing the possibility of the Big XII to showcase
Houston- Kansas
Iowa St- Baylor
In the semifinals.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Tell a younger me (even 2023 younger me) that I would be rooting for a 7 loss underdog KU team to defeat a new conference member currently in 1st place to potentially give ISU a shot at the Big 12 regular season conference championship on final day?

Well, let's just say I'll take it.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The conspiracy theorist in me sees a very tightly called game Saturday in Houston allowing the possibility of the Big XII to showcase
Houston- Kansas
Iowa St- Baylor
In the semifinals.
Why does the game Saturday matter for that?

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Tell a younger me (even 2023 younger me) that I would be rooting for a 7 loss underdog KU team to defeat a new conference member currently in 1st place to potentially give ISU a shot at the Big 12 regular season conference championship on final day?

Well, let's just say I'll take it.
I may have to cheer for Kansas and grit my teeth at the same time.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Yes it's a real mystery on why KU has their least-successful team in years after three years of everyone being able to pay players above-water. Can't figure it out!

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Crazy seeing how many guys we have playing big minutes off the bench this year (typically 3) while Kansas has typically had had 4 of their starters playing 30+ minutes and only one guy off the bench getting 10+. I'm not a recruiting class analyst, so I can't say if it's NIL leaving the stable with fewer horses, some development issues or a combination of those things. We couldn't play defense at our level without that depth. Kansas is running on fumes. If Dickinson is really hurt they are sunk.

83cy

May 14, 2006
Crazy seeing how many guys we have playing big minutes off the bench this year (typically 3) while Kansas has typically had had 4 of their starters playing 30+ minutes and only one guy off the bench getting 10+. I'm not a recruiting class analyst, so I can't say if it's NIL leaving the stable with fewer horses, some development issues or a combination of those things. We couldn't play defense at our level without that depth. Kansas is running on fumes. If Dickinson is really hurt they are sunk.
Kansas had several recruiting misses.