KC Trip discussions

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
The trip to Arrowhead is finally here and I'd like to hear how many Cyclonefanatics are going and what your plans are...

Who's got any big plans (outside of the game) for the weekend?
When is everyone heading down? Friday/Saturday...
Anyone hitting the Cyclone events in the Power and Light District on Friday night?
Anyone doing the Chiefs game or hitting the NASCAR race on Sunday?
Any other plans you are really looking forward to?

jsheajr

Jul 20, 2009
Kansas City, MO
Well, we live here in KC so, we don't plan on doing much outside of attending the game. However, we have talked about taking the kids into town for the Cyclone events in the P&L district Friday night. Figured we'd get there at the beginning and leave early since we'll have the kids with us.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
For sure 7 people staying in our room at the sheraton sports complex friday and saturday night. Possibly 14 now, sucks being cheap college students. Not too sure on the plans for each night. Except a lot of drinking!

Reactions: Havs

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Drinking bloody marys on the way down at about 7:30. Plan on bouncing around Cyclone tailgates before the game. I also plan on finding the damn pylon that Seneca got the ball over and giving it a serious boot...

JJ4ISU

Apr 11, 2006
WDM Side of Waukee
Going down Friday afternoon...staying two nights on the CC Plaza, and planning to do some of the P&L District stuff on Friday night, at least...

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I noticed that you can buy an Arrowhead parking pass on Ticketmaster. Any advantage to doing this over just paying when you arrive?

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
We live in KC, we have a bus chartered, with a group of 44 ISU fans going.
Friday 1-5 Kellys
6p-3am P &L District
Saturday we will be at the stadium at 9am!!!
You all are more than welcome to stop by our tailgate.
We will be on the Northeast corner of the stadium, close to the Alumni Association Tent.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Lived down there about 9 years ago. Heading down on Friday afternoon to look at the old stomping grounds, staying at the Drury Inn, seats are in section 323 row 8. (about the 40 yard line in the third level). After the Cyclone victory we're heading over to see some friends (Nebraska Fans) who still live in KC.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
We'll be in seats 1-3 in rows 1&2 of section 111, as well as 1-6 of row 3.

Going down Friday afternoon around 2 to hit the Power & Light and/or Kelly's. Sticking around Saturday night to celebrate.

PeteKSUfans

Sep 27, 2009
We'll be in seats 1-3 in rows 1&2 of section 111, as well as 1-6 of row 3.

Going down Friday afternoon around 2 to hit the Power & Light and/or Kelly's. Sticking around Saturday night to celebrate.

Power and Light is a great idea...very fun, lots to do. You'll love it.

However, Westport is complete trash now. Do yourselves a favor and steer clear. Unless you're looking to score meth or a toothless *****...NOT JUDGING!

Reactions: CyKatz

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
However, Westport is complete trash now. Do yourselves a favor and steer clear. Unless you're looking to score meth or a toothless *****...NOT JUDGING!

Power and Light sounds like to much of a wine and cheese crowd. I'm going to Westport to hang out with my type of peeps.