Kickers are difference makers

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
And losing the best kicking recruit right before signing day is not ideal going forward.

Yep, I was disappointed when the Becker kid flipped to Colorado. But at least it happened now and not right before the season. He sure looked like he has a ton of potential. His Dad sure was nice enough when he visited CF.

bradnjen

Apr 27, 2010
SE Iowa
Anyone know the scoop on why Assalley got the fg/pat job when we had the Narveson kid on scholarship? He transfered to Western Kentucky and only missed one fg (was 50+) this year.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Was going to post something similar. Also noting, we signed a grad transfer kicker from Liberty last year, Alex Probert. Probert I believe, has not dressed for any games this year. Assuming he was/is injured.

He’s been hurt all season and isn’t using his free year of eligibility. I follow him on TikTok oddly enough and he’s said that on there

• Informative
Reactions: Billups06

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Bad kickoffs (including poor kickoff coverage) and missed FGs probably cost us the Louisiana and Okie State games. Hope we can come back in 2nd half, but they sure put us in another hole again today.
The first long return should have been called back. There was a blatant hold out in open space not 5 yards from the return guy. It was right out in the open and shouldn't have been missed but it didn't get flagged. It's hard to have good coverage when the guy who can make the tackle is getting held springing the return guy.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Anyone know the scoop on why Assalley got the fg/pat job when we had the Narveson kid on scholarship? He transfered to Western Kentucky and only missed one fg (was 50+) this year.
Narveson said that he didn't work as hard as he should have at ISU. I think he has learned his lesson. Good for him.

Reactions: cyputz

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Bad kickoffs (including poor kickoff coverage) and missed FGs probably cost us the Louisiana and Okie State games. Hope we can come back in 2nd half, but they sure put us in another hole again today.
What happened to Eddie Ogamba?? Wasn't he consistently kicking the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs early this season? He's a Junior, so should be our KO guy for the next 2 years given the year of grace, shouildn't he? Or did he have something happen which has taken him out of football?