Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Guys, if Kirk is too cheap to pay for his kid's apartment, his landscaping, what makes you all think he'll walk away if Brian gets some heat?
Because he's been grooming his son to be the coach the moment Brian got hired. Kirk could give the University an ultimatum. Fire my son, and I'm gone.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Because he's been grooming his son to be the coach the moment Brian got hired. Kirk could give the University an ultimatum. Fire my son, and I'm gone.
2 months till football starts, I guess I just dont see something that drastic happening between now and then.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
2 months till football starts, I guess I just dont see something that drastic happening between now and then.
Yeah that would be my reasoning as to why he might walk away, however I think there's a better chance Brian gets fired, Kirk finishes out the year, and then retires.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yeah that would be my reasoning as to why he might walk away, however I think there's a better chance Brian gets fired, Kirk finishes out the year, and then retires.

Never know look at MSU. Dantonio resigned suddenly amid allegations of violations by the NCAA. This is just as bad, if not worse than that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I just don't see how you can have Brian on the sidelines in 2020
I wouldn't, I think Iowa would.
I've said it before, I don't know how Brian's boss still had a job and he's the deciding factor on Brian (for now).

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I think that he had that gravy train set up for the long term. A couple more years as HC, then boot Barta and move to AD. Brian gets the HC job and the son-in-law and other brother get assistant jobs. UI was going to be paying that family for the next 20 years.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Guys, if Kirk is too cheap to pay for his kid's apartment, his landscaping, what makes you all think he'll walk away if Brian gets some heat?
Does Kirk have no rights because he is the head coach at Iowa? The Iowa courts seem to think he did nothing wrong

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Let the investigation play out. DJK and Wadley both were disciplined for actions they chose to take. Sorry if I dont trust them at face value. They are trying to get paid. If they deserve to get paid so be it but time will tell.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Let the investigation play out. DJK and Wadley both were disciplined for actions they chose to take. Sorry if I dont trust them at face value. They are trying to get paid. If they deserve to get paid so be it but time will tell.

What was Wadley disciplined for? I don't ever remember him being suspended

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It was an autograph scam after graduation.

tXtAaS9.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Does Kirk have no rights because he is the head coach at Iowa? The Iowa courts seem to think he did nothing wrong
When you live in low income housing, and don't need to, you might be taking someone's spot that actually needed it.
Yes we all know that Kirk isn't paid by the State but it's a bad look when he's technically the highest paid State employee, his son is on scholly, and he did that.
If Rhoads kid would have done it, it would have been dumb too.

And if you want to bring courts into it, Kirk was called as a witness in Jane Meyer's trial and Kirk heavily influences what goes on.....

.....until he plays dumb and says he wasnt aware.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You realize Wadley, DJK, and others are burning bridges and possible fan based income by coming forward right?
DJK might have been a dumb dumb in college and even after but from what I saw recently from him (with his wife, family, job) it looks like he's attempted to grow up.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa fans have sure turned on Wadley, haven't they?

They LOVED him when he singlehandedly beat ISU in Jack Trice that one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.