KState Tailgate

milrtym

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
No matter if the lots open 3.5 hours or 5 hours before kickoff. You need to be there you can tailgate right next to the parking lot gates until they open. At least that is what we do when we go to Chiefs game. Breakfast tailgating at the gates and lunch tailgating in the lot.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
You need to be there you can tailgate right next to the parking lot gates until they open. At least that is what we do when we go to Chiefs game. Breakfast tailgating at the gates and lunch tailgating in the lot.

Yep. The last time I went to a Chiefs game I got there an hour before the parking lots opened, and there were already a couple dozen vehicles parked in the line, with food/beverage out and kids running around.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Heh heh funny, last game I went to at ISU we did a similar thing - breakfast in the old apartment parking lot and lunch / post game dinner in the tailgate lots :cool:

SLCyclone

Apr 4, 2006
Bump. Because we are going to be in KC by 1:30 on Friday. Kelly's Friday night. In line for tailgating BEFORE 9:00 and Light & Power after a Cyclone victory!

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Does anyone know if they let us hang out in the lots for a couple hours after the game to celebrate, or do we have to head out right away? We're thinking burgers/dogs before the game and wings afterwards.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Yep. The last time I went to a Chiefs game I got there an hour before the parking lots opened, and there were already a couple dozen vehicles parked in the line, with food/beverage out and kids running around.

Do you pay cash at the gate for parking or do you have to pre-pay somewhere? Can't find any information on any website that says for sure.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
From what I understood you can either buy a parking pass through Ticketmaster or pay at the gate like anywhere else.

OK, thanks, man. I'll just count on paying for parking at the gate and then watch the Cones beat up on some wildcats.