KU Gametime Announced - 10-10

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Could a guy make it to this game and then drive like crazy to make it to Kinnick in time for kick off there? I know it would be close but I'd love to make both.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Could a guy make it to this game and then drive like crazy to make it to Kinnick in time for kick off there? I know it would be close but I'd love to make both.

If you are going to root for Iowa I wouldn't waste my time. I have a feeling they may get slaughtered that weekend.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
If you are going to root for Iowa I wouldn't waste my time. I have a feeling they may get slaughtered that weekend.
I'm going to root for a college football game. I got a ticket and now that this is at 11:30 I'm thinking of trying to do a doubleheader... I'd be willing to miss kickoff in IA City to watch the Cyclones all the way to the end win or lose.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Wow, I'm surprised they could only get in on Versus. If we beat KSU, it would be a battle between two 4 win teams and the conference opener for Kansas, the highest ranked team in the North. I was kind of expected a little better tv coverage for that game, especially since they don't have to commit themselves until the Monday before the game for TV coverage.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Big 12 TV package continues to be lame, and the schools receiving the bulk of the Big 12 football revenue continue to make sure we get a pittance:

Nebraska @ Missouri Thursday 9pm ESPN

(gotta make sure the Huskers get a big check)

Baylor @ Oklahoma 3:30pm ABC

Colorado @ Texas 7:30pm ESPN

(big checks for Texas and Oklahoma even if nobody watches these beatdowns)

Oklahoma State @ Texas A&M 12:30pm Fox Sports Net

Iowa State @ Kansas 12:30pm Versus

(worst coverage and lowest money for the peons)

Kansas State @ Texas Tech No TV coverage

(hahaha)

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Freak'n sweet - I'm up to 7 games in a row on the year I'll see via Internet, TV or in person :biggrin:

Going to see atleast 1 more before the year is out too... Not bad for living on the East Coast :biggrin:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Big 12 TV package continues to be lame, and the schools receiving the bulk of the Big 12 football revenue continue to make sure we get a pittance:

Nebraska @ Missouri Thursday 9pm ESPN

(gotta make sure the Huskers get a big check)

Baylor @ Oklahoma 3:30pm ABC

Colorado @ Texas 7:30pm ESPN

(big checks for Texas and Oklahoma even if nobody watches these beatdowns)

Oklahoma State @ Texas A&M 12:30pm Fox Sports Net

Iowa State @ Kansas 12:30pm Versus

(worst coverage and lowest money for the peons)

Kansas State @ Texas Tech No TV coverage

(hahaha)

WTF- I could maybe understand Baylor @ Oklahoma, but why is there TV coverage for Colorado at Texas? That game is going to be over in the first 10 minutes. At least ISU @ KU could be entertaining based on last year's game and our current records.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
WTF- I could maybe understand Baylor @ Oklahoma, but why is there TV coverage for Colorado at Texas?

Because the Big XII doesn't have equal revenue sharing only 3 schools are going to get big checks from major networks (ESPN & ABC), and those 3 schools are going to be Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska -- regardless of who they play. OK, technically 6 schools will get big checks -- Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and their 3 opponents.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
early prediction: Mangino eats Arnaud for breakfast. Game is cancelled.

Mangino likes oranges for breakfast as evidenced in this picture. He might eat Arnaud for lunch, though.

MarkMangino.jpg

sdmredsox

Dec 15, 2008
South Des Moines
I'm happy with any TV coverage. Some is better then none. We really shouldn't expect anything less. We haven't exactly been "must see TV" lately, and I believe the last time we played KU at KU on national TV, it was pretty ugly.