KXNO Sports Fanatics

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Years later a lot of folks say getting fired is the best thing to ever happen to them.

Reactions: madguy30

Paddythefatty

Jul 25, 2021
My favorite is when she says something clearly wrong and Travis completely shuts her down. I like the shows with just Travis and Sean. Travis Ross and Sean were the best in the AM though.
I haven’t listened in quite some time but when that trio had the morning, I knew shite was going off the rails

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Years later a lot of folks say getting fired is the best thing to ever happen to them.
He wasn’t fired, did any of you listen to the last show today or look into it at all before spouting off?

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
For the people thinking CW was forced out, the story came out today that two years ago when they threatened to cancel the show it was because they wanted to get rid of Ross. Because he’s horrible. But Cdub said it’s both of us or neither of us. Then Murph and Andy got involved and the show survived. That said,as much as Cdub was gone it’s not hard to believe there was some sort of ultimatum thrown down either.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
For the people thinking CW was forced out, the story came out today that two years ago when they threatened to cancel the show it was because they wanted to get rid of Ross. Because he’s horrible. But Cdub said it’s both of us or neither of us. Then Murph and Andy got involved and the show survived. That said,as much as Cdub was gone it’s not hard to believe there was some sort of ultimatum thrown down either.

CW has to be kicking himself for making that stand since Ross is the driving force to push him out now. I don't know if we'll ever hear the whole story, being that KXNO is allowing Chris to leave gracefully by letting him make his own announcement.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
CW has to be kicking himself for making that stand since Ross is the driving force to push him out now. I don't know if we'll ever hear the whole story, being that KXNO is allowing Chris to leave gracefully by letting him make his own announcement.

This is interesting. Do you have more info on it?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Strange that Chris called Ross a brother in his goodbye post if that's even remotely true.. guessing you have no idea what you're talking about.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wow, before I even realized what is going on, CW is done at KXNO? Must have been immediate?

Hell of a run really enjoyed those guys. Happy CW is making a decision that's best for his family.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
For the longest time I was among those angry with Miller for leaving rather than working with her but now over time I can see why he did it and no longer blame him for it.

I don't blame him for doing it but it was also just coincidental timing. He went through the whole thing step by step once. Also said it was the worst decision of his career.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't know if it's because the Iowa fan bar is so low or what, but I like Ross. A Hawk fan with a little self-awareness and some funny quip. He's fine by me.

Reactions: CycloneWillie

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
Seems highly unlikely Chris would be forced out. I couldn’t imagine doing a job 3-6 with kids every day. I also can’t imagine it pays too well either. And why would chris issue that statement if he was forced out?

Reactions: DBQR4CY

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
Also, I seemed to get a lot of hate for my Sean Roberts suggestion, but no replies. Do people really not like him?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Guys I was not forced out and Ross had nothing to do with it. Some of this stuff Im reading is batshit crazy. I resigned 5 weeks ago and was asked by my GM (who is like a dad to me) to keep quiet until they could find my replacement, which I respected. The plan was to give the mic over to my replacement but unfortunately iHeart has not gotten to that point yet and I don’t want to waste the whole summer waiting. Football will be here before you know it. You are all looking for a story that simply is not there.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Also, I seemed to get a lot of hate for my Sean Roberts suggestion, but no replies. Do people really not like him?
I'm a big Sean fan. Though he may be better chiming in every now and then in a producer role than being a focal point for three hours.