KXNO Sports Fanatics

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I do agree I wish that KXNO had more ISU guests. Nick Osen does a great job and I enjoy him. Outside of that there is Williams on Friday on Miller and Condon, but that is it. Almost all of the hosts are Hawkeye fans and there are a lot more Hawkeye guests in general.
I know Chris was out this week so Stansbury was supposed to fill in but I must have missed it. Was he on? I thought maybe I heard that they couldn't get a hold of him but could be wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If the station and its shows suck so bad, WHY LISTEN?
I was listening today because they usually have CW on on Fridays. They said Stanz was going to take his place instead, but I don’t think he’s going to be on now. Not sure whose fault that is. I will admit that other than Nick Osen, the Cyclone guys don’t appear to make near the effort the Hawk guys do to be on. I’ll give the Hawk guys credit for that.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know Chris was out this week so Stansbury was supposed to fill in but I must have missed it. Was he on? I thought maybe I heard that they couldn't get a hold of him but could be wrong.

He never came on. Jared was the reason I was hanging on to listen.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'm not saying he should pump rainbows but he didn't have to be so nasty in what he said. His comments because came off as we now have a program full of scrubs and might as well not take the field.

This team isn't great but it's not full of dog **** players either.
Agree. He doesn’t have to pump sunshine for us but he’s rarely critical of Iowa. He acts like they’re the greatest athletic department in history.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I think that it also doesn't help ISU coverage with early NCAA tournament exits for ISU MBB/WBB, Iowa WBB/Caitlin Clark stories, Iowa Baseball being good, and only thing to discuss about ISU really right now outside of ISU basketball (USA U19BB) is the gambling thing that we are likely losing a lot of talent through the gambling story. Also doesn't help that Iowa FB was already more successful and they got a competent QB and some other talent through the portal.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
Miller just said they reached out to Jared and no answer.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I think that it also doesn't help ISU coverage with early NCAA tournament exits for ISU MBB/WBB, Iowa WBB/Caitlin Clark stories, Iowa Baseball being good, and only thing to discuss about ISU really right now outside of ISU basketball (USA U19BB) is the gambling thing that we are likely losing a lot of talent through the gambling story. Also doesn't help that Iowa FB was already more successful and they got a competent QB and some other talent through the portal.
Agree 100% but earlier this week Murphy related that Omaha made the first cut at the U19 camp, and that Dix was there for the Hawks. No mention of MM or Pav being invited also, nor TJ being a coach there. I don’t think he intentionally left them off, he just doesn’t pay attention to ISU developments. He probably saw a tweet saying Omaha made the cut, knew that Dix was invited, and that’s it.

norsemen

Apr 13, 2006
Agree. He doesn’t have to pump sunshine for us but he’s rarely critical of Iowa. He acts like they’re the greatest athletic department in history.
I did not think Miller's comments on the upcoming ISU football season was anything more than a guy sharing his doubts. And they had some merit. He thinks we will not solve last year's offensive woes, particularly if the starting QB is not playing. Just because someone has their doubts on ISU doesn't mean they hate them. However I do wish they had more ISU guests.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I did not think Miller's comments on the upcoming ISU football season was anything more than a guy sharing his doubts. And they had some merit. He thinks we will not solve last year's offensive woes, particularly if the starting QB is not playing. Just because someone has their doubts on ISU doesn't mean they hate them. However I do wish they had more ISU guests.
Agree. I didn’t have a problem with anything he said. I have the exact same concerns he listed.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Look, it's clear that KXNO has backed themselves into a hole talent wise that isn't winning them listeners in the ISU market segment. BUT. There isn't any way they have the resources to make any staff changes that would make it right with cyclone fans. So instead of going after the hosts on Twitter making them feel bad, just don't listen. There's absolutely no scenario where KXNO going away is a net positive for ISU, or the state of Iowa for that matter.

Listen, when you have a show like the Morning Rush intentionally not talk about Iowa State basketball the morning after they boat raced both Texas and Kansas you reap what you sow. They didn't discuss either of these games on their show until like the 30-45 minute mark. This wasn't an accident....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron