Lazard on Packer roster

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lazard was always a monster blocker downfield.

There were a ton of runs and screens in his era that went somewhere because of his blocking.

This is the best instance of that...

ISUUU.0.gif

Derailing a bit but that shot is the difference between a team with talent but bad angles (OU) and a team with the correct angles like UNI last weekend. I know they were playing 3 safeties but generally speaking their angles weren't going to let something like this happen.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Derailing a bit but that shot is the difference between a team with talent but bad angles (OU) and a team with the correct angles like UNI last weekend. I know they were playing 3 safeties but generally speaking their angles weren't going to let something like this happen.
Even when their defense is bad, OU has too big of an ego to let a team dink and dunk on them to avoid giving up the big play. They play to shut you down and end up giving up big plays.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Even when their defense is bad, OU has too big of an ego to let a team dink and dunk on them to avoid giving up the big play. They play to shut you down and end up giving up big plays.

I see this with a lot of teams. Lots of relying on athleticism instead of being in position. Really fundamentally sound teams are very few.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

The success of that play was a combination of factors. You are completely right that the safety came down, over-pursued, and set himself up for a terrible angle. Trever Ryen's burst probably had a lot to do with that, though, and Lazard murdering his man and setting the edge ultimately sprung the whole thing. Lazard pushing his man downfield closed any window the safety might have had to recover and at least disrupt Ryen to the sideline, too.

Lazard even took a cheap shot long after the play was past him -- no call. Eh, no matter, I prefer the six and the W to the immediate 15 yards. I am pretty sure Lazard did, too.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Not sure if anyone saw the post game locker room speech. Lazard was front and center. I haven’t seen him pop up in the box score but hopefully he at least gets some special teams reps.

Reactions: khardbored

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Not sure if anyone saw the post game locker room speech. Lazard was front and center. I haven’t seen him pop up in the box score but hopefully he at least gets some special teams reps.
He got one snap at WR against MN and was in on every KO. Trevor Davis had 23 snaps over the first 2 games, so there's a chance Lazard's usage could increase, but Kumero will likely also see an uptick.

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
He should have hauled that in! Great to see him in the redzone though