Looking at Tech

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
If it's really true that Batcho and Isaacs are out, that is huge. Batcho is a load inside and on the boards. Isaacs is probably their 2nd or 3rd best player. I still think that it will end up being a close game and TT will muddy things up. Adams is a great defensive coach and we're not exactly hard to defend. Still, the last thing I've read is that Batcho MAY be out with a dislocated finger and Isaacs had a head injury in the KU game and will be a gametime decision.

Obanor is the big offensive threat and if he's hitting, he can almost single handedly win the game for them. At 6'8 235, he's a matchup problem for us. I would guess that with Fardaws Aimaq being a week or so out from playing (we hope), they go small with Obanor at the 5 and Jennings at the 4. Or maybe KJ Allen gets more minutes. He's undersized at 6'6, but at 255 lbs, he won't get pushed around. I guarantee that Osun cannot keep up with Obanor and Rob Jones definitely can't. We're going to have to use our size to score inside and hope to draw some fouls on Obanor. TJ may have to go small at times to match TT's quickness, which would mean Tre King playing some 5. If they play Allen at the 5, then it's going to be up to King and maybe Caleb Grill to chase Obanor around.

Even without Pop Isaacs, TT has some firepower in the backcourt. Harmon is their 2nd leading scorer and had 23 against KU. Jaylon Tyson is a 6'7 wing that hits 43% from 3.

I think that we're in good shape as long as we don't fall in love with chucking 3s and Obanor doesn't go off for 35.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
If it's really true that Batcho and Isaacs are out, that is huge. Batcho is a load inside and on the boards. Isaacs is probably their 2nd or 3rd best player. I still think that it will end up being a close game and TT will muddy things up. Adams is a great defensive coach and we're not exactly hard to defend. Still, the last thing I've read is that Batcho MAY be out with a dislocated finger and Isaacs had a head injury in the KU game and will be a gametime decision.

Obanor is the big offensive threat and if he's hitting, he can almost single handedly win the game for them. At 6'8 235, he's a matchup problem for us. I would guess that with Fardaws Aimaq being a week or so out from playing (we hope), they go small with Obanor at the 5 and Jennings at the 4. Or maybe KJ Allen gets more minutes. He's undersized at 6'6, but at 255 lbs, he won't get pushed around. I guarantee that Osun cannot keep up with Obanor and Rob Jones definitely can't. We're going to have to use our size to score inside and hope to draw some fouls on Obanor. TJ may have to go small at times to match TT's quickness, which would mean Tre King playing some 5. If they play Allen at the 5, then it's going to be up to King and maybe Caleb Grill to chase Obanor around.

Even without Pop Isaacs, TT has some firepower in the backcourt. Harmon is their 2nd leading scorer and had 23 against KU. Jaylon Tyson is a 6'7 wing that hits 43% from 3.

I think that we're in good shape as long as we don't fall in love with chucking 3s and Obanor doesn't go off for 35.
I think there is a chance KJ Allen is out as well.

Reactions: Statefan10

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Tech is a wounded animal and will fight hard on Tues. They'll play great. ISU has got to find a way to win this one while keeping their composure. Find a way to win!

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Are the students back for this game?

That is a great question. We’ll need their raucous energy definitely. Texas Tech is extremely well coached and hungry. To be honest, I don’t feel as confident with this game as opposed to the TCU one. But I think we squeak this one out. 71-69.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones12321