Los Angeles Area Clones (Moving)?

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Any Los Angeles area clones on here want to give some moving/living advice?

Found out I'm being transferred (theoretically for 6-8 months or so) to a project in San Bernardino. Any advice on housing in the area (i.e where NOT to live). I'm single (no kids) and not a nightlife person so most of that doesn't factor in. I'm more hiking/biking/camping than sitting on a beach so it kinda seems that the further east I go I'll have easier access to the stuff I enjoy.

Still working on the details if I'm doing a full move out there (I've got an apartment in Houston) or if I'm looking at an AirBnb / Corporate Apartment / Super Extended Stay Hotel arrangement.

One other slight consideration is that our west coast office is down in Long Beach (right next to the airport). Nowhere close to the jobsite, but knowing how these "temporary" moves work I may end up working out of that office for a while as well once my 6 month stint is up.

Reactions: keepngoal

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
How often are you on the job site compared to needing to be in the office? I assume working from 'home' isn't really a consideration since you're physically there compared to staying in Houston.