Man or Bear

If you were alone in the woods, which would you prefer to encounter?

• I am male and would prefer to encounter a man.

Votes: 72 55.4%
  • I am male and would prefer to encounter a bear.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I am female and would prefer to encounter a man.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I am female and would prefer to encounter a bear.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Pig.

Votes: 27 20.8%

• Total voters

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
There has been this Tik Tok question going around for a couple of weeks. What are your thoughts?

Hopefully we can all keep it civil.

• Dumb
Reactions: aauummm

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I thought this was going to be about Manbearpig from South Park.

Anyways, I’d rather meet another human instead of a bear that could rip me apart.

• Agree
Reactions: T-oh double D

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I've seen a lot of people really mad that a lot of women pick the bear.

But I can't really blame them. The bear certainly might kill you, but it definitely won't rape you first.
I'd pick the bear over a woman too. The bear would hopefully kill me quick. The woman would probably make me suffer a slow, agonizing, excruciating death.

HighLeakageCy

Jan 3, 2024
Black bear or Grizzly bear? Also, Midwest man or Appalachian man? These factors would greatly effect my decision.

As a man, I'd prefer to meet a man, but feel like black/grizzly would change things if I was a woman.

I did meet a moose and her calf in the wild on Labor Day weekend two years ago, and it was a lot more pleasant encounter than people said it would be.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Black bear or Grizzly bear? Also, Midwest man or Appalachian man? These factors would greatly effect my decision.
No other info given. Just a bear and just a man. Now to me, that is a lot of missing info to be able to make a sound judgment, but that is how the question is phrased.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Black bear or Grizzly bear? Also, Midwest man or Appalachian man? These factors would greatly affect my decision.
After learning that it’s legal to marry your cousin in Cali and not Kentucky, I’d be more scared of the Cali guy making you squeal.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Actually came across a few bears in Tahoe last fall. They will honestly leave you alone if don't do anything stupid and if you do get scared and they're close just yell loud and they will just saunter off.

For one of them, we were literally walking in the woods and not ten feet in front of us on the path a bear just slowly walked in front of us. Didn't give two ***** we were there.

I would rather see a bear where they are supposed to be than some random person.