Manny

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Ok, why on God's green earth would you turn down $25,000,000 to be the second highest paid player in baseball for a year? Is Scott Boras really that big of a moron? I hope no major league team stoops to Boras and saves him and Manny doesn't have a uniform come opening day.

How many of you could leave that on the table if you were Boras?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Ok, why on God's green earth would you turn down $25,000,000 to be the second highest paid player in baseball for a year? Is Scott Boras really that big of a moron? I hope no major league team stoops to Boras and saves him and Manny doesn't have a uniform come opening day.

How many of you could leave that on the table if you were Boras?

Boras has gumption. If I really thought I could pressure some team into doing better, I could do it. He clearly wants teams to know that he's dead serious.

I also hope that Manny doesn't have a uniform come opening day. It would be nice to see one of these guys get left out with their greed.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
There was talk last week of him taking an offer of 1 year around $13 mil. He turns this $25 mil down and he can no longer cry to old Albert that nobody wants him... He's NOT going to get four years. Boras will claim he has other teams willing to give hime 3-4 years then scream collusion when anyone calls him on it... They guy is a scumbag and has cost some people their career, but he gets most of his guys top dollar.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
There was talk last week of him taking an offer of 1 year around $13 mil. He turns this $25 mil down and he can no longer cry to old Albert that nobody wants him... He's NOT going to get four years. Boras will claim he has other teams willing to give hime 3-4 years then scream collusion when anyone calls him on it... They guy is a scumbag and has cost some people their career, but he gets most of his guys top dollar.

This is dead on. It's ridiculous.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
The Dodgers would be stupid to out-bid themselves on anything. They've offered Manny 2 very fair contracts but he and Boras aren't biting. I say they should move on. Rosenthal says the Dodgers could get Dunn, O. Hudson, and Wolf for the price of Manny. Rosenthal is usually off (especially on Hudson, the Dodgers already have a starting 2B in DeWitt), but he makes a good point. I'll take Dunn and his K's along with Wolf or Sheets or both instead of Manny.

Showtime

Jan 14, 2009
I don't understand this, either. I mean, you get your 25 mil, become the 2nd highest paid player in baseball this season, play well.... and do it all again.

I guess Boras and Manny see something I don't.

I think the Dodgers should move on and pursue other free agents. They need pitching, that's available, and could probably stockpile on a few other great players. Adam Dunn and Orlando Hudson come to mind.

Help Support Us

Become a patron