Matt Campbell Watch

P

PeacefulRival

I agree with the view the Jets news should not be viewed as a trusted source. I believe CMC loves Ames, Pollard and most of all his players. If he were to leave, I believe it would be to an NFL team first.

As Cyclone fans, would it hurt less if he left for an NFL gig rather than a different college team? As a Hawkeye fan, it would hurt me more if KF left for another college than an NFL team.

Any thoughts??

As an aside, it there is anyone who can block out the noise of coaching a NY team then it is CMC.

Reactions: VeloClone

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
A raise and extension for Campbell needs to be announced ASAP.

Why. If he wants to go he will go. If he wants to stay he will stay. He has all the power he wants to get a new contract, he doesnt need to be shopping jobs.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I put zero stock in this. Campbell isn’t a New York guy, and I can’t imagine him wanting anything to do with the New York media. I don’t see him being the head coach of the absolute worst organization in the NFL either.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
I agree with the view the Jets news should not be viewed as a trusted source. I believe CMC loves Ames, Pollard and most of all his players. If he were to leave, I believe it would be to an NFL team first.

As Cyclone fans, would it hurt less if he left for an NFL gig rather than a different college team? As a Hawkeye fan, it would hurt me more if KF left for another college than an NFL team.

Any thoughts??

As an aside, it there is anyone who can block out the noise of coaching a NY team then it is CMC.
NFL wouldn’t hurt as much.

I do hate the Jets though so this would sting. I’d also be unhappy with Campbell if he left this year, considering how many players came back for an extra season with the understanding he would be returning. A lot of these guys have one year left.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
The jets is a terrible job, plus Matt is not a New York kind of guy. No way he leaves for that job.

Reactions: Scott34

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Did anyone actually read the article?
It says nothing about Campbell having a set interview with the Jets.
This. It kept saying they “expect” to interview him. Kind of a pro forms statement. Nothing about whether he was cooperating with that “expectation”.

Cyclone fans should know all about the difference between “hopes” and “expectations”.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I don’t think Campbell goes to the Jets but some of you have no idea about the New York market. First off, he wouldn’t live in Manhattan, he’d live in New Jersey.
Second, Adam Gase is not getting recognized every minute of the day. The Jets are second fiddle to the Giants especially in New Jersey
Third, coaching the Jets in the tri-state area come with about the same paycheck as a dentist makes in that area. Somewhat joking but it’s not that far off.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Let me put it this way. Coaching the Jets runs 180 degrees counter to everything Matt Campbell has ever said he enjoys about coaching.

For example, I think coaching the players would take a radical adjustment to his “helping them become the best versions of themselves” mantra.

And that’s only one part of the equation.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Let me put it this way. Coaching the Jets runs 180 degrees counter to everything Matt Campbell has ever said he enjoys about coaching.

For example, I think coaching the players would take a radical adjustment to his “helping them become the best versions of themselves” mantra.

And that’s only one part of the equation.

If he does interview it means he's looking elsewhere. Get over it. Ames is not the destination spot most Cyclone fans think it is. And for the argument as to how much money does someone really need. Anyone in any job anywhere would have to at least listen to an offer of 3 or 4 times their current salary.

• Agree
  • Dumb
Reactions: flycy and 83cy

dcypal

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Teams colors are all wrong, needs to have black as main part of color scheme.

• Haha
Reactions: AlaCyclone