Meat Loaf (singer) at Parkland after JFK's assassination

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Haven’t watched the video, JBH, does it talk politics or just Meatloaf?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Haven’t watched the video, JBH, does it talk politics or just Meatloaf?
There is nothing political in it at all, just a fascinating story surrounding a significant event in our country's history, and a funny show business story.

However, I do find the narrowmindedness and faux outrage fascinating, if not sad at the same time...

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
'I would do anything for Love' was such an awkward 7th grade dance song.

Super long and then the change in tempo as everyone still slow danced straight armed.

Reactions: bos

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
There is nothing political in it at all, just a fascinating story surrounding a significant event in our country's history, and a funny show business story.

However, I do find the narrowmindedness and faux outrage fascinating, if not sad at the same time...

Funny how some think I was being political.

I just don't give a rat **** about Meat ******* Loaf

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Id rather think of dr pepper than meatloaf. Just dont like any of his music, all overwrought. And "paradise by the dsshboard lights" is got to be one of the stupidest things ever written, and its 12 minutes of straight garbage.

It’s definitely not for everyone. It’s very theatrical. I don’t like dashboard either but I don’t mind some of his other stuff.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Is it common for you on CF to respond to a post topic that you don't give a rat's ass about with a "Oh hell no. Not giving that a hit." or similar comment? I really don't recall seeing that type of response from you before.

I'll try to do it more often. Mostly I do that for anything related to racing.

I'm still in the hell no category on the video and goddam Meat Loaf. He's a male Bonnie Tyler, but not as talented

• Dumb
Reactions: cyclones7

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'll try to do it more often. Mostly I do that for anything related to racing.

I'm still in the hell no category on the video and goddam Meat Loaf. He's a male Bonnie Tyler, but not as talented

I don't really care one way or the other about Meat Loaf's music, I don't have any of his music in my collection. I just thought it was a crazy story that some teenagers cutting school would have their car commandeered by a Secret Service agent needing to get to Parkland after JFK was shot, not to mention those teens being able to check out the completely unguarded JKF limo in the Parkland parking lot once getting there.

Reactions: Rolling Clones

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
That was crazy. Never been a Meat Loaf fan but can appreciate his talent. Didn't know Huck was a talk show host now either.....