Misheard lyrics

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Not exactly on topic but I could have sworn the background lryics on The Yardsbirds For Your Love was sung by 4 small asian men.

I told Mrs. Althetuna one night. She laughed at me but the next time the song played she heard it as well. Now she can't unhear it.

Last edited:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I hesitate to post this because I've ruined the song version for several people by telling them this.

The original version of Stand By Me it's obvious he's singing, "The moon is the only light we'll see."

On the John Lennon cover version from the 70's it sounds like he's singing, "The Moon is the only flying *****."

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I hesitate to post this because I've ruined the song version for several people by telling them this.

The original version of Stand By Me it's obvious he's singing, "The moon is the only light we'll see."

On the John Lennon cover version from the 70's it sounds like he's singing, "The Moon is the only flying *****."
I'm at a loss for what the word behind the asterisks is?

T-oh double D

Jan 20, 2024
Last Dance with Mary Jane:

What I still hear to this day: ‘There’s some bi+ches down on Market Square’
correct lyric: ‘There’s pigeons down on Market Square’

Either way, the next line advises they’re ‘standing in their underwear’…I guess bi+ches in underwear made more sense to me.

dcypal

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
John Cougar Melenncamp Jack and Dianne

"Changes come around real soon, make us women and men."
What my friend sang for years....."Changes come around real soon, make us swimmin in men."