Missouri Dual (2/25)

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
I disagree whole heartedly. A Natty is hard enough...a multiple time natty is rarified air and only a select few in our sport have accomplished it. 5x conference champ, though neat, will not carry more or even the same prestige as a 3x national finalist, 2x national champ.

Wasn't it Marinelli with Iowa that was a 4x conference champ and 0x national champ? I think the national title is a much bigger deal.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
I disagree whole heartedly. A Natty is hard enough...a multiple time natty is rarified air and only a select few in our sport have accomplished it. 5x conference champ, though neat, will not carry more or even the same prestige as a 3x national finalist, 2x national champ.
So you agree that NCAA title is more prestigious. Good.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
So here is a would you rather to think about for Carr vs O’Toole. The way that the matchup has gone assume Carr wins two of three matches, which 2 would you rather see him win

1) last match in hilton
2) big 12 finals match with the 5 time champion title on the line
3) NCAA Finals match
The dual match seems like an easy choice of being the least important but there is some history attached to it. If David wins he joins Cael and Gable as the only Iowa State guys to go undefeated in duals for their career. I'm not sure how many other wrestlers can also claim this but there can't be very many.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
If David wins he joins Cael and Gable as the only Iowa State guys to go undefeated in duals for their career. I'm not sure how many other wrestlers can also claim this but there can't be very many.

Krieger is on that list, I believe. Never lost, but had a couple of draws.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Not sure i agree. He has an opportunity to make history as a 5 time big XII champion
Are we talking about ISU record books? Or do you mean in wrestling?

jcordova8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
I feel like the only way I would pick 1 & 3 over 2 & 3 is if you guarantee me that ISU has won the team trophy at Big 12's regardless of Carr finishing first or second.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

I found out, due to a family function outside of my control, I will not be one of those there to break the record.

full

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Probably not Kysen

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Probably not Kysen

Very disappointed for sure, thank god it wasn't another OWI though, i could see like a match suspension or do you think he's done?

• Agree
Reactions: DantheFan

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Very disappointed for sure, thank god it wasn't another OWI though, i could see like a match suspension or do you think he's done?
Not a clue.
Poor decision-making seems to be par for the course when it comes to Kysen's career. Hope he can finally learn from this one.
Kysen could be great if he wanted to be.
Someone should take that dude's keys.

jcordova8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
We have media availability tomorrow so I am sure we'll discuss this with Dresser an get an idea of what this means for Kysen's season.

• Informative
Reactions: matclone

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
seems to be struggling on and off the mat at this current time

would not be shocked if they sit him down for the remainder of the year.
so yes, imo more than likely done