Mouser the new OC

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Probably the best you could hope for due to circumstances. Players seem to love Mouser, so I’m guessing they are happy.

I feel like the assistant isn’t the guy CW was hinting at. But I could be wrong. It does show Pauly probably has a lot of influence on his he staff.

Reactions: Aclone

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
Roehl was essentially runner-up for the NDSU head coaching job that went to Tim Polasek (former OC there that went on to position coach at Iowa and OC at Wyoming). Was thought that he needed some experience in other programs since he's never been a head coach anywhere. Players absolutely loved him.

He works his tail off, should fit very well with Campbell and the staff.

He was a stud RB at NDSU. If you are interested in his playing days see the video, he's #40. Ran for 250+ yards against Minnesota during NDSU's transition to D1, also took a swing pass 80 yards in the same game.

Last edited:

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
I've seen OC's split between PGC and RGC usually as co-OCs, not with OC, PGC, and RGC. Is this another "OC by committee" type of an approach with Mouser with final say?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Its always nice to see some "new blood" with Campbell, as it happens so rarely, and Roehl seems like a great fit - a guy who has won a TON at NDSU and called some really prolific offenses
This is kind of a false narrative:

Broomfield
Pauley
Poteat
Scheelhaase
Clanton
Langs
Roehl

Especially recently, hires have been from outside the family or elevated from within. Kratch is really the only exception.