Movies or shows you came back around to.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So Jurassic World is on.

It's the scene where some big dino's on the loose and a bunch of pterodoctyl type of things are attacking the commons area. The people are panicking like they can't believe they vacationed to a place with dinosaurs that had a history of issues and things are going badly.

Anyway, I'm one who saw the OG JP in the theaters, and thought it was bombastic. As time went on, I came to realize that while it was groundbreaking with its CGI and all, it wasn't that good of movie, with a bunch of stupid characters like most monster movies.

And then the other ones were kind of similar. But then I've come back around to enjoy the absurdity of it including Jurassic World.

What are movies or shows/franchises that you had similar experiences with?

I'd put Independence Day up there. It was all the rage as a blockbuster, but it in the end it's kind of a clunky B-movie with marginal effects, but I like it more now with just that perspective.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
This is an interesting question. So you’re asking if my impression switched either way?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is an interesting question. So you’re asking if my impression switched either way?

In the name of the offseason, sure. Like maybe even something that didn't age well, or aged well or better than expected.

Mine is more 'liked it, realized it was overhyped, but can still appreciate what made it not so great anyway'.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Honestly, I watched the Breaking Bad pilot 3 times over the course of a couple years. The first two times it just didn't stick for me. After everyone telling me how good it was, the third time I forced myself to keep going. Two episodes later and I was as hooked as everyone else.

Reactions: GMackey32

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Tin Star with Timothy Roth on Amazon. Watched a couple episodes and didn't like it. Started watching it again about 1 year ago and grew to love the series. Quirky drama.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Tin Star with Timothy Roth on Amazon. Watched a couple episodes and didn't like it. Started watching it again about 1 year ago and grew to love the series. Quirky drama.

Hated him. Couldn't stop watching.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Loved first season of "Altered Carbon". Really disliked second season because they recast Kovacs. Totally different dynamic that I resented. Go figure.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
"Black Mirror" got better and better from episode to episode (even though the theme was almost always the same). Season 6 is due out June 15th.

• Wow
Reactions: Farnsworth

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So Jurassic World is on.

It's the scene where some big dino's on the loose and a bunch of pterodoctyl type of things are attacking the commons area. The people are panicking like they can't believe they vacationed to a place with dinosaurs that had a history of issues and things are going badly.

Anyway, I'm one who saw the OG JP in the theaters, and thought it was bombastic. As time went on, I came to realize that while it was groundbreaking with its CGI and all, it wasn't that good of movie, with a bunch of stupid characters like most monster movies.

And then the other ones were kind of similar. But then I've come back around to enjoy the absurdity of it including Jurassic World.

I'd put Independence Day up there. It was all the rage as a blockbuster, but it in the end it's kind of a clunky B-movie with marginal effects, but I like it more now with just that perspective.
I catch hell from 'Muricans every time I say this but Independence Day is probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen. I've never come around. Will Smith punching an alien in the face and then saying "now that's what I call a close encounter" by itself is worthy of a 50 point IQ drop. Just my opinion.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I catch hell from 'Muricans every time I say this but Independence Day is probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen. I've never come around. Will Smith punching an alien in the face and then saying "now that's what I call a close encounter" by itself is worthy of a 50 point IQ drop. Just my opinion.

Yep, it's terrible. And when I realized it, it oddly made it more fun along with poking holes in the terrible plot.

Where did the alien ships land after they collapsed in the first :20 of this clip?

• Agree
Reactions: Gonzo

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
So Jurassic World is on.

We've been watching the Jurassic movies lately since they've been on a lot. The scene in J World where Bryce Dallas Howard summons the Trex with the flare and then waits until it's practically stepping on her before she starts to run irritates me every time. I want a Game of Thrones alternate ending where she gets eaten right there

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We've been watching the Jurassic movies lately since they've been on a lot. The scene in J World where Bryce Dallas Howard summons the Trex with the flare and then waits until it's practically stepping on her before she starts to run irritates me every time. I want a Game of Thrones alternate ending where she gets eaten right there

It's my not so humble opinion that if the boy gets eaten in the first Jurassic Park during the stormy T-rex scene, we have a very real movie on our hands.

Similar to when the kid gets taken out on the raft in Jaws.

That way I don't get so pissed at him when he won't jump off the ****ing fence later on.

****Can't be the girl because she became a big 90s crush in Angus.

Ariana Richards - Wikipedia

Reactions: coolerifyoudid