NCAA Allocations, Final RPI, Final CR

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
From the NCAA allocation article:

The NCAA Division I Wrestling Committee did determine it will not consider for championship selections, including conference pre-allocations, any results from extra matches that ended with injury defaults where the wrestlers did not wrestle.

Does that counteract what the Last Chance Open and similar events/matches were trying to do by "gaming" the rules?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Kysen took him to OT last year at Big 12s with one good shoulder
That’s right. He seems very beatable. Kysen could go to the ship or get 5th. I’m really excited to see how he does.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

Does that counteract what the Last Chance Open and similar events/matches were trying to do by "gaming" the rules?
Glad the NCAA was smart and has some integrity on this one. They needed to step up and make sure those matches didn't count and they did the right thing.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Glad the NCAA was smart and has some integrity on this one. They needed to step up and make sure those matches didn't count and they did the right thing.
Agreed. But that’s kind of a joke that they didn’t decide that earlier and not in the middle of the season.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

That didn't happen at the LCO this year. It did happen at some duals and was called out by other coaches.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa

Last Chance Open is fine. It was the extra matches after the duals that ended 1 second injury defaults. Southern Illinois dual had some.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Final coaches rankings

What’s really cool is that there’s 4 with single digit rankings. And then I would argue that there is two more of our double digit seed guys (Kysen and Degen) that most definitely have the ability to beat podium level guys. I like rolling into NCAAs with a line up where over half of them can do that. This is gonna be a fun month boys!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Unofficial list of Big 12 wrestlers who earned allocations for the league:

125 (6) - Cardinale, Mastrogiovanni, Surtin, Terukina, Prata, LaMont
133 (6) - Fix, Biscoglia, Tagg, March, Attasauov, Drury
141 (7) - Parker, Hart, Carlson, Young, Alirez, Happel, Droegemueller
149 (4) - Gfeller, McDougald, Degen, Edmond
157 (6) - Carr, Franek, Sheets, Jacques, Wright, Thomas
165 (4) - O'Toole, Hall, Yant, Weber
174 (8) - Plott, DeVos, Hasting, Mocco, Devine, Mantanona, Runyon, Wolf
184 (4) - Keckeisen, Kent, Coleman, Geer
197 (7) - Buchanan, Sloan, Bastida, Elam, Pentz, Woodley, Clothier
285 (6) - Hendrickson, Elam, Nevills, Schuyler, Wolfgram, Metz

Judge will have to steal a spot; everyone else needs to maintain.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'd go Hendrickson, Elam, Nevills, Schuyler.
I was thinking this too. I was hoping he could slide to the 3 somehow and avoid Hendrickson. I think he can get Elam on a good day and have an outside shot at the finals.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I was thinking this too. I was hoping he could slide to the 3 somehow and avoid Hendrickson. I think he can get Elam on a good day and have an outside shot at the finals.

It'll depend on if the committee weighs "good" wins differently than "bad" losses when there's a lack of HTH.

Nevills beat Elam (only loss in conference)
Elam beat Schuyler
Nevills lost to Surber (bad loss)
Schuyler beat Surber

Reactions: JM4CY

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
I figure him at #3 -- Gfeller, McDougald, Degen, Edmond
McDougald was beat by a #60 kid who is now wrestling 157 with an over 100 ranking. He was majored by Gfeller. I don't understand why they are showing he is 4-0. He beat Jarrett head to head, I understand that. But McD has a bad loss. Can anyone explain why Jarrett wouldn't get the 2 seed?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
McDougald was beat by a #60 kid who is now wrestling 157 with an over 100 ranking. He was majored by Gfeller. I don't understand why they are showing he is 4-0. He beat Jarrett head to head, I understand that. But McD has a bad loss. Can anyone explain why Jarrett wouldn't get the 2 seed?

Gfeller is unbeaten in conference.
McDougald lost once in conference (to Gfeller) and beat Degen and Edmond.
Degen lost to Gfeller and McDougald, and beat Edmond.
Edmond lost to Gfeller, McDougald, and Degen.

It's pretty straightforward.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Degen also has a bad loss - the one to McD.

2, 3. who cares? Either way leads to a semi between those two, and good opportunity for Degen to punch his ticket to NCAA with a revenge victory.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron