Need CF's Help in Solving This Murder Mystery

What killed Roger Rabbit?

• Total voters

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Alright, CF. I need some help from everyone in solving a murder which happened right in my backyard. Here is the photographic evidence from the crime scene in question (in spoiler tags for the faint of heart):

IMG_20191229_130107.jpg

As you can see from the picture and the remaining feet, it used to be a rabbit. Whatever ate it, ripped up the top half of the torso (nowhere to be found nearby) and picked off the spine and leg bones pretty clean (except for the actual feet). What type of anymal would do this? Based on the remains, it appears to have been a fully grown/adult rabbit.

Some predators I have seen around my neighborhood (or neighbors have photographed): bobcats, coyotes, stray dogs, stray cats, snakes (copperheads, cottonmouths, rat snakes, an escaped ball python - all of these probably unlikely in the winter), racoons, and turkey vultures (pretty big ones).

What does CF think? I have added a poll with a few options as well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Went with Bobcat although it could have been a coyote.

Back in the hizzee we'd find roosters torn up in some boxes in one of the sheds on our farm. Likely raccoons and the way it looked like it went down was some Mafia type stuff.

And whar Critters?

GIF NSFW
source.gif

Reactions: GTO