New Commitment

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
According to Rivals, we got a commitment from Aaron Moore a OL (Center) ranked as a 3* commit today. I havent seen anything on this, has this been posted somewhere else today???

Very highly rated center which is a good position to recruit in lieu of Knapp being a senior.

Aaron Moore - Football Recruiting

Had a lot of other offers including Kansas, Auburn, Okie St, Baylor, Purdue, Colorado and Utah. Thats a lot of good programs after you......thats no fluke - this kid can play!!!!

Fountain does it again.....where would this class be without retaining fountain and getting Ash. Awesome job!!!!!!

According to Rivals, that should put us at 20 commits because they still do not have Bellamy (soft commit) and one other thats slipping my mind right now.

We should be down to two or three schollies left....

Can anyone say - Henderson, Mars and Martin would be a great close to a recruiting year!!!!

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
According to Rivals, we got a commitment from Aaron Moore a OL (Center) ranked as a 3* commit today. I havent seen anything on this, has this been posted somewhere else today???

Very highly rated center which is a good position to recruit in lieu of Knapp being a senior.

Had a lot of other offers including Kansas, Auburn, Okie St, Baylor, Purdue, Colorado and Utah. Thats a lot of good programs after you......thats no fluke - this kid can play!!!!

Fountain does it again.....where would this class be without retaining fountain and getting Ash. Awesome job!!!!!!

According to Rivals, that should put us at 20 commits because they still do not have Bellamy (soft commit) and one other thats slipping my mind right now.

Can anyone say - Henderson, Mars and Martin would be a great close to a recruiting year!!!!
i say if we land those three, this would be a better class that any of chiziks, and WAYYYYY better than chiz's first class

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
I agree this class could turn out surprisingly well, especially if the last 3 or 4 turn out to be the likes of those mentioned.

However, I am not defending Chizik in saying this, but I think the 2008 class will be one of the best of recent memory. The only truthful statement I recall him making during his exit was that he left a lot of good players in Ames.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I agree this class could turn out surprisingly well, especially if the last 3 or 4 turn out to be the likes of those mentioned.

However, I am not defending Chizik in saying this, but I think the 2008 class will be one of the best of recent memory. The only truthful statement I recall him making during his exit was that he left a lot of good players in Ames.

Respectfully, what else could he say...:confused:

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Gotta agree - based on the impact of the freshmen. Curious to see what the OLs turn into over the next year.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
After reading the ESPN recruiting information on him - i'm really pullin for this kid to explode.....

It appears that Auburn had offered him a scholarship and he'd accepted. Then after the snake was hired he decided to go and pull the schollie and instead offer a grayshirt. This young man didnt much care for that, especially when your being contacted by other schools anyways, and so in steps ISU and he accepts the schollie right away without a visit.....

Now, if this kid explodes and goes on to be a all big12 performer it will again show why were better without that sleezeball that turned his back on this team, these kids and now this recruit. I love it, aaron will probably come in with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, redshirt a year and then be ready to start for 4 years at center. However, on ESPN because of his quickness they indicated his natural position might be tackle and they had him rated as the 43 best tackle in america. Not bad for someone that chizlick didnt want to offer up a schollie!!!!!

Great job Coach Rhoads and again Scott Fountain!!!!!

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Got to love this turn of events. Kid commits to Auburn and now commits to Iowa State. Not a bad deal for us!!!

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
He definately looks like a step up from the de-committ we had at center back in December. I believe his name was Wempa, he only had 1 other offer and that was UTEP so it's nice to see the staff replace him with a more highly touted recruit. Welcome aboard Aaron

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
You gotta like the numbers on this kid. Just what we need. One or two more like him and we have the best class in years.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines

Exactly how many schollies do we have to offer this year? If my research is correct we currently have 21 commits, them being:

David Sims DB/S
Zack Spears OL
Darius Reynolds ATH
Joshua Bellamy WR
Aaron Moore OL
Beau Blankenship RB
Donnie Jennert WR
A.J. Klein LB
Kyle Lichtenberg OL
James White RB
Princeton Jackson LB
Jake Knott LB
Walter Woods DT
Brandom Mims ATh
Jansen Watson DB/S
Deon Broomfield DB
Josh Lenz WR
Jacques Washington DB
Jeremy Reeves DB
Willie Scott LB
Taylor Martin DE

If we could add Mars, Henderson, and Marry that would put us at 24. Those 3 are huge gets if you ask me. Can't forget about Dearco Nolan either, even tho we took a huge hit with the coaching loss.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
If we get Mars, who is a 4 star linebacker, I will crap myself because thats one hell of a recruiting class!

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
I would say given the possibilities we know about without any major surprises. Lang, Mars, Raulston, Nolan would fill out just fine. But if I have learned anything is that we the fans know absolutely nothing about the true guys we are going after. Their are a lot of guys that we have no clue about right now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron