New Football Commit!!! (Beau Blankenship)

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
Re: New Football Commit!!!

looks like jacob hester out of lsu to me big running back powerful alot of heart

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com

Does no one else consider saftey or LB for this guy. Not huge in hieght, but with good weight and speed to help get to ball quickly and make awesome tackles. Once Sheppard gets ahold of him, I see his weight jumping to 230 or so, and that would be awesome for a LB.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

Chzik gave him the boot not to long after he got here. He was one of the players that found a purse on Cy-Ride, took the money out of it, and left it.

Wow that's harsh. I love the discipline Chizik's brought to Ames.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com

You'd think a guy built like that could really pop someone. Make people think twice & hear footsteps.

Kind of what I was thinking. My thought about this defense isn't about guys who can run fast, or tower over you to pick off balls. It's about smart players who can hit hard and stop you from gaining more yards than the allowed 10 for 4 downs.

With his 1 star rating, but the listed schools he was interested in, either there's a strong need for a tough, big RB, or they see what I see and that is a guy who could fit nicely on the other side of the ball. Heck we took a QB and made a safety last year, so why not a RB with decant speed? And look at James Smith, these two mirror each other in stature and over athletic ability as shown on paper. Both 5'8", both not incredibly fast but around the 4.5 as noted, and both I'm sure can hit like a rock and make plays that 6'1" 180lb guy couldn't.

I do believe we see something else from this guy other than RB, but I could be wrong.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA

I think BO Williams is the future at running back here, I havent seen beau play but if he good he will find a way to contribute one way or another

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City

The more backs the better. Bo a every down back, Beau the scat back, and J Schwartz the bruiser back.

SpRiNgLiMe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2007
Ames

Not to get off topic but I love what Schwartz brings to the table. Watching his videos gets me super pumped.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

I would be shocked if this guy played running back... safety anyone?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

You mean there are actually at least two guys in this world with the last name Blankenship, and both of them are involved with ISU athletics?

Welcome aboard

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I'd be shocked if he did play anything other than RB - I think Chizik wants his DB's a bit bigger, regardless of Smith's status as the starter.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

I'm fine with having 10 four star running backs on the team -- you never know when one gets hurt.

So, welcome aboard.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA

He looks like a much needed bruiser back and from the sound of the article is a quality individual. Welcome Beau! We're lucky to have you!

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006

Kind of what I was thinking. My thought about this defense isn't about guys who can run fast, or tower over you to pick off balls. It's about smart players who can hit hard and stop you from gaining more yards than the allowed 10 for 4 downs.

With his 1 star rating, but the listed schools he was interested in, either there's a strong need for a tough, big RB, or they see what I see and that is a guy who could fit nicely on the other side of the ball. Heck we took a QB and made a safety last year, so why not a RB with decant speed? And look at James Smith, these two mirror each other in stature and over athletic ability as shown on paper. Both 5'8", both not incredibly fast but around the 4.5 as noted, and both I'm sure can hit like a rock and make plays that 6'1" 180lb guy couldn't.

I do believe we see something else from this guy other than RB, but I could be wrong.

I don't tend to put any stock into Scout ratings. I like using the Rivals Rating system, which puts him at a 5.4, I believe, which isn't shabby.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com

I don't tend to put any stock into Scout ratings. I like using the Rivals Rating system, which puts him at a 5.4, I believe, which isn't shabby.

That's fair, and yes isn't too shabby. It was just a prediction of mind of something that maybe they're considering. Maybe their intent is to help shoulder the load off some of these guys so when getting down towards the goal line, they have a more mobile big nose player to be sure we get in. Thus allowing the FB to be an extra blocker.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa

The only thing i dont like about him is that at his size, he has probably hit his peak. He's 5'8" and over 200 lbs. About the only thing they would want to do with him is cut the body fat. I dont want him to look all swollen like Scales turned into.

rahtotheames

Aug 3, 2006

Hmm, watched his video; short choppy steps, definitely not 4.5 speed.
Don't take this wrong, but I think his career at ISU will be less than stellar

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa

Beau is a RB, end of story. And everything I have heard on him proves that he is a football player. Doesn't have the best tangibles but has all the intangibles. Gives a 110% on every play.

Last edited: