New football commit? Craig McDonald

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Love getting kids out of Minnesota - ISU has a big alumni base there and the smart kids see through the used car salesman up there.

Reactions: cynile

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Just wanted to get a kid that wants to be a Cyclone at the top of our thread list.

Glad McDonald committed to the good guys. Great size. Plus he appears to be a very smart kid. Sounds like a great safety for the future.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I saw on Twitter he has been declared ineligible to play football for his senior season this upcoming fall.

If I knew how to link Tweets I would.

Something about reclassifying for his correct age group, I can't remember the exact reason. I think he has already been in high school 4 years

Odd situation. Maybe he can graduate and enroll early? Not sure if this will affect our recruitment of him. He's a pretty outstanding talent and addition to the recruiting class.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I saw on Twitter he has been declared ineligible to play football for his senior season this upcoming fall.

If I knew how to link Tweets I would.

Something about reclassifying for his correct age group, I can't remember the exact reason. I think he has already been in high school 4 years

Odd situation. Maybe he can graduate and enroll early? Not sure if this will affect our recruitment of him. He's a pretty outstanding talent and addition to the recruiting class.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Damn, that sucks for him. I can't imagine having that happen.
Hopefully some bad publicity for MSHSL will get this solved for him.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
If he would have committed to RTB, the state would have looked the other way.

Only sort of joking.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Another example of adults not looking out for a kids best interest. I’m sure the rule has a purpose, but it doesn’t seem like this is it. It would be different if he was a year older than his classmates.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Another example of adults not looking out for a kids best interest. I’m sure the rule has a purpose, but it doesn’t seem like this is it. It would be different if he was a year older than his classmates.

Yeah, I don’t disagree with the rule but it seems like this isn’t the intention of it. I could see it if he had 4 years of varsity ball.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

One of our wrestlers years back was homeschooled and purposely repeated a grade (I believe 8th) in hopes to be a 4 time state champ. I can see why the rule is in place, but this is not it.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
One of our wrestlers years back was homeschooled and purposely repeated a grade (I believe 8th) in hopes to be a 4 time state champ. I can see why the rule is in place, but this is not it.

Was he a 4yr champ? Did it work?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Sad situation, but things like this have happened in the past, mostly Texas, where kids were held back to gain an athletic advantage. I am not insinuating that is the case here, but that is why it's in place.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron