Iowa State Uniform Discussions

andrewsouthern

May 22, 2017
Ankeny, IA
www.studiosouthern.com
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I always loved the black Unis. When they first came out it made me think of how cool ironman would look with black armor (even though they aren't his school colors)... Soooo I made a little ironman with a Jack Trice patch. Future uniforms perhaps? Hope you Marvel/Cyclone geeks out there dig my little Cyronman mashup. We could probably use a little Stark tech this weekend.

Go Clones!

Attachments

• ironman_black_half.png
    ironman_black_half.png
    379.1 KB · Views: 15
  • ironman_red_half.png
    ironman_red_half.png
    465.4 KB · Views: 16

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Front of black helmet w/ Trice stripes leading into white center stripe. View attachment 76120
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I always loved the black Unis. When they first came out it made me think of how cool ironman would look with black armor (even though they aren't his school colors)... Soooo I made a little ironman with a Jack Trice patch. Future uniforms perhaps? Hope you Marvel/Cyclone geeks out there dig my little Cyronman mashup. We could probably use a little Stark tech this weekend.

Go Clones!
I love the creativity on this board!

Seriously, they should hire some of us. We could become the ISU Cy-Borg Collective!

Reactions: andrewsouthern

Cyclone5234

Nov 29, 2018
Indiana
Yes, but perhaps smaller - say half that size. And, I still think it would come off looking pretty cool if the Trice Stripes were fairly small on the front of the helmet and than a slight space leading to a strip of the same width all the say back.
Front of black helmet w/ Trice stripes leading into white center stripe. View attachment 76120
bp small.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: bgprest

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I think the Trice logo as the main logo on 1 side and player's number on the other could be a good look

Reactions: cyclones500

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Before we move on to next game, black still. Here's a couple of ways to do the Trice mark, helmet and jersey. Trice on helmet could be done front or back.

The darker gold Trice "V" in the black jersey didn't work well (posted about a week ago). So I changed it to an even darker silver/black, very subtle. Better I think, matches the collar, shoulder and pant stripe.
CyUni 2022  a1 Pnt2 KGaviChev Sh3 88- b b b BlkfceTriceBBW BlkS HD.png CyUni 2022 a9 C1Pnt2 KgaviGoldTrimChev TriceS3HelF 88- w b w BlkIStBlkfceWB RdTxtBackWtS HD.png CyUni 2022  a1 Pnt2 KGaviChev Sh3 88- b b b BlkfceTriceRBW BlkS HD.png

Last edited:

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Did you really just ask for an ISU black and gold uniform? ;)

Save it for our game versus Iowa next season!

On a more serious note, wouldn't it be cool if we broke out some gold for the first time on this Saturday's game on national tv playing a team with red/black colors?

Last edited:

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Before we move on to next game, black still. Here's a couple of ways to do the Trice mark, helmet and jersey. Trice on helmet could be done front or back.

The darker gold Trice "V" in the black jersey didn't work well (posted about a week ago). So I changed it to an even darker silver/black, very subtle. Better I think, matches the collar, shoulder and pant stripe.
View attachment 76298 View attachment 76299

I still think that the Trice Stripes at the front of the helmet should be there in place of the small I-State logo or "Cyclones" lettering. And, I still like the Trice Stripes leading into a stripe all the way back on the helmet.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I still think that the Trice Stripes at the front of the helmet should be there in place of the small I-State logo or "Cyclones" lettering. And, I still like the Trice Stripes leading into a stripe all the way back on the helmet.
That's fine. I appreciate your opinion. If you want helmet stripes you are looking at a re-design. Not what I'm doing. The Trice mark in the front bumper is doable, probably not likely. I think they like their brand name on both bumpers.

Then again most of the stuff we talk about is "not likely", right?

Reactions: bgprest

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And, I still like ..... a stripe all the way back on the helmet.
If you're thinking of helmet stripes consider also helmet inter-changeabililty with different sets, black, white, C/G. It's problematic unless only a restricted number of combos are used. Or you and a bunch of your buddies are removing and re-applying stripes all the time. Maybe that's doable; I think it would be rather costly and time consuming.

Unless re-design, no-stripe helmets are the way (exception: gold helmet if we ever get one). We will likely keep no-stripe helmets anyway. We will also likely keep stripes off pants for the near future (I hope not).

I you want helmet stripes, pants stripes, other, re-design the gosh darm things and submit plan to admin. Good luck with that, been tried before.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Lineup and bgprest

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Sorry don't mean to be grumpy. Some of this stuff is hard work. I do it because I enjoy it, I love ISU and I like to see stuff I think up.

I also like and continue to like suggestions, but won't take all of them. Can't do all of them anyway by any means!

Reactions: Gunnerclone