Iowa State Uniform Discussions

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Curious how much the NFL has a say in what teams do with their unis. I'm sure each team has consultants and don't change much for brand identity but I wonder if the league steps in if a team considers a uniform that is too silly, to maintain the overall league brand. And if that has eased in the past year because it seems like a ton of teams are changing up their uniforms this year.
The fact that they let the Falcons do the red-black gradient jersey tells me they aren't too concerned with details of the design.

Reactions: Nococy

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
One reason I prefer Nike's previous template - the truncated collar with the straight line across the chest looks way better - the new collar is too "flywire"-ish

1714324175732.png

ClonesUpNorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2023
I wonder when the new Iowa State uniforms will drop?

Probably soon.
I’ve been wondering this as well. The spring game would’ve made sense timing-wise, so I’m a little curious about how we haven’t seen any other teasers, much less a whole reveal.

Must be trying to get the blue juuuuuust right ;)

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
Start of this thread was 7/10/2018 and the release was moved up because some pics leaked.

It would make sense to release them just before B12 Media Days, scheduled for July 9th/10th.
B12 Media Days always have mannequins dressed up with every teams' uniforms. I would agree that this would be something that the new uniforms would have to have been "unveiled" before this.

• Agree
Reactions: exCyDing

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Not a fan of WV uniforms.... Never have liked the dark blue with yellow combo. Don't like the Nashville Preds uniforms either.