Northwestern athletics issues

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Fall camp opens in a few weeks. Don't you think it's a little late to be firing the entire staff and hiring an entirely new staff?

I think the DC is new, no reason to fire him. This team is going to suck regardless, just weird that if you're going to go through the headache of firing the guy for cause you'd also do the same to any assistants that would have been complicit.

Reactions: legi

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I would say the ENTIRE Northwestern Football Team should be fired.
This.

Fitz and his staff let it happen, with a wink towards plausible deniability. So they must go.

But the players actually DID the harassment. Youre gonna let the dry humpers and the "leaders" directing that stay on the team?? Those guys have to go too. Even if you just take the most egregious 6 or 10 guys and boot them.

Youre gonna win 2 games tops either way at this point, might as well do the right thing the best you can.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Ferentz and U of Iowa aren’t the only ones with a race problem. Student newspaper reports about the “Northwestern Way.” Sounds familiar?

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
So
Ferentz and U of Iowa aren’t the only ones with a race problem. Student newspaper reports about the “Northwestern Way.” Sounds familiar?
Someone needed to hold the U of I and the freerentz gang accountable for all the shady stuff that has happened while he’s been in charge….but no one in this state had the gonads to do it….it’s criminal what he and that crap hole of a corrupt university has gotten away with.

Reactions: Jer

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
This.

Fitz and his staff let it happen, with a wink towards plausible deniability. So they must go.

But the players actually DID the harassment. Youre gonna let the dry humpers and the "leaders" directing that stay on the team?? Those guys have to go too. Even if you just take the most egregious 6 or 10 guys and boot them.

Youre gonna win 2 games tops either way at this point, might as well do the right thing the best you can.
So give it the Necessary Roughness treatment? Fire the whole staff and all the players?

Open Football tryouts in 2 weeks.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Northwestern should suspend their team for the season and clean house.
Talk about setting a good example.
Just start fresh in 2024.

• Winner
Reactions: cyfanbr

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Weird that they're bringing back the entire staff minus the HC. Didn't you fire the guy for creating a toxic culture but you're bringing back the staff that at minimum enabled him.

This is some Gary Barta level incompetence and I think they're going to be writing a ginormous check to Fitzgerald before this is all done.

The NU president knows more than I do about this so I won't say it was the wrong decision but they've gone about it as poorly as possible. I guess the only thing worse would be them changing their minds again but even they are not that incompetent.

Almost like having a racial issue throughout your program, but only firing the Strength and Conditioning coach, right?

But in that case, they gave the Strength and Conditioning coach a million bucks for being a racist POS. You can't make this stuff up.