Norton and Sanders

blood94

May 10, 2010
i didn't get a chance to watch the game as we were traveling. i was able to listen on sirus xm but it was the KSU announcers and they said that sanders and norton did not make the trip. anyone know were they injured?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
CMC came out and more-or-less said they would be transferring. I'm guessing a frank discussion happened about Sama being featured going forward and they didn't take it well, but that's just a guess.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah, very disappointing. I get it, I totally understand trying to do what you feel is best for you but would have been nice for them to see out the season. Oh well

Reactions: GoodyISU1 and CYDJ

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If they weren't going to be the feature back here there's nothing wrong with going somewhere else to try to do it, they only have so much time to play. They put in hard minutes for us.
I have no issue with what you said, if they started their search yesterday and not before the last game.

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
We don't know the whole story. There may have been a meeting and it was discussed, Sama and Hansen would be the primary going forward. That may have prompted Sanders and Norton to say, they are looking to transfer. It may have been mutual, no need to crucify them as we don't have all the details. Norton was rooting Sama on, FYI.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I have no issue with what you said, if they started their search yesterday and not before the last game.

I mean, I suppose-- but do you really want two guys with their feet out the door playing? In a way, I'm glad it's all transparent. If you don't want to be here, don't make the trip. And it worked out really well. Had they been there, I'm guessing after Sama's fumble we see him ride the pine for a bit. Without them there, he had to keep getting carries.

Mar 21, 2021
Saw Rocco asked after the game about Sama and he noted that Sama had encountered some bumps along the way during the season. Bumps? Fumbles?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I mean, I suppose-- but do you really want two guys with their feet out the door playing? In a way, I'm glad it's all transparent. If you don't want to be here, don't make the trip. And it worked out really well. Had they been there, I'm guessing after Sama's fumble we see him ride the pine for a bit. Without them there, he had to keep getting carries.
I agree with wanting them to be bought in and not having a foot out the door. What I meant with, had they decided they didn't want to be here after end of year meetings or season end, then I don't care.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
My guess is they started their transfer prep a little early, the staff caught wind, and didn't want anyone that wasn't completely committed to the squad making that trip.

Both of these guys gave ISU good minutes. Both could see that Sama was going to be the bell cow going forward. Both could be absolute studs/bell cows at G5 schools. I would have loved to keep at least one of them for depth, but Hansen looks just fine as a counter to Sama.

The only thing they did wrong, IMO, is start looking a little early, but if we have them to use we don't get Abu's huge breakout game. His breakaway gear is something we've rarely seen, and he's going to be an NFL back.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I'm not thrilled with the timing, and I wouldn't have been surprised to see one of them leave but good luck to the two of them. Sama has had flashes all year of being great but it would have been nice to see one of those guys stick around. You really need a couple of guys like that splitting carries in my opinion 60/40 and relying on a true Freshman for a bunch of that load is going to be tough.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
We don't know the whole story. There may have been a meeting and it was discussed, Sama and Hansen would be the primary going forward. That may have prompted Sanders and Norton to say, they are looking to transfer. It may have been mutual, no need to crucify them as we don't have all the details. Norton was rooting Sama on, FYI.

This could be true. But Hansen over those two?